1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's See The XS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XS650RR, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

Very nice I love the leather.

2. VonFuct

VonFuct Lower Class Leather

Thanks, I do custom leatherwork so it's kind of a rolling portfolio for some of my work.

3. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

There are people who do leather work, and there are those that do Leather work WELL, You do it well sir.
    I so much appreciate people who are artistic, People that do fantastic Body and Paint work, REEEALY good Welders,
    I admire a lot.
    Cousin Larry

4. gedti

gedti XS650 Enthusiast

Just wanted to post these for posterity. Going on maiden voyage and am hoping it comes back the same way it leaves.

20160805_010234.jpg 20160805_010301.jpg

VonFuct likes this.
  5. 660smc

660smc XS650 Member

[​IMG]

Here my Yamaha Oldis

Greetings from the Switzerland

6. DanielBlack

DanielBlack XS650 Junkie

Greetings,

For the last three years I had been riding a '13 Genuine Stella as my daily driver. It was my first motored, two-wheel vehicle and I adored it. The factory which built Vespa P150's for the Indian market continued building them after Piaggio cut the contract, very much the same story as Royal Enfield. Other than a 4-stroke motor and a front disk, the '13 Stella was pretty much the same as the Vespas rolling off the line in '83. It taught me the very basics of a small carbureted engine and manual transmission.

For a few reasons, I started looking to upgrade to a full-size bike last Spring. As I began my research I looked at the Enfields, but $6k for a new one didn't make sense to me when I'd want to immediately upgrade if I had any aspiration for highway driving. I then started looking at the classic market. Amongst all the Honda and Kawa fours, the XS stood apart as a bike I felt like was the perfect balance between power and easy home maintenance. And as you all know well, Yamaha hit the mark on looks. This was a bike I could fall in love with.

With hesitant approval from my level-headed SO, I recruited a motorcycle-savvy colleague to check out a XS650D that popped up on Craigslist. WIth his declaration that the motor and trans were in good shape, it was soon on the trailer headed back home.

Please allow me to introduce 'Stella', a maroon 1977 D-model. She's a survivor with some work to be done, but all in all she seems to be in great shape. Mostly stock, the previous owners put on an XS Performance rotor, bronze swingarm bushings, tapered steering bearings, and a Boyer ignition.

Thank you to all for the valuable information I've gleaned off this forum so far.

Daniel
    _DSC5839.jpg _DSC5840.jpg

interacts, kevith and weekendrider like this.
  7. bigdawg

bigdawg XS650 Enthusiast

interacts, JayR and gggGary like this.
  8. kiser1991

kiser1991 XS650 Enthusiast

Just picked up this Jem in Cleveland, tn this morning. Runs and drives great and paid 1500 for her! image.png

9. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Britbiker likes this.
  10. JayR

JayR XS650 Addict

CT
    image.jpeg
    Enjoying the last days of summer on the Yamahazuki.

gggGary and lakeview like this.
  11. bigdawg

bigdawg XS650 Enthusiast

sweet looking scooter

12. kevith

kevith XS650 Member

New pipes, a good cleaning and two cans of paint later...

Attached Files:

• 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      File size:
      342.2 KB
      Views:
    bigdawg likes this.
  13. kevith

kevith XS650 Member

14. weekendrider

weekendrider Iron Horse cowboy Top Contributor

S.W. MO
    Scootin home from Smokies, with a big rain on the radar ahead.
    IMG_20160918_075301_116.jpg

interacts and gggGary like this.
  15. jetmechmarty

It was great riding with you and sharing some quality time.

16. jetmechmarty

17. weekendrider

weekendrider Iron Horse cowboy Top Contributor

S.W. MO
    Back atcha Marty. Next time I'll bring a bigger bottle and we can really get
    "shiney"

18. Some really great bikes on these pages. Different styles I like them all.

19. jtoolin73

jtoolin73 To Tool or Not To Tool?

Got a few things done this weekend. It's coming together quite nicely.

Attached Files: