Beautiful bike Wolds!

Can I ask what fuel tank that is and what exhaust system you have there?

Pete

My 1980 SX 650

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20170106_193528.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20170106_193528.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 338
Beautiful bike Wolds!

Can I ask what fuel tank that is and what exhaust system you have there?

Pete

I had Glass From The Past fabricate the bodywork, the part numbers are:
Dunstall Half Fairing DUNHFA
Norton Type Gas Tank NORFTA
Norton Type Café Seat NORBTD
Ducati fender DUCFDRA
The exhaust is Performance XS.

IMG_1255_zpsnbaltodn.jpg

IMG_0535_zpsl6prsacn.jpg

IMG_0502_zps0p0gdgps.jpg

Has been a long time since my last post and alot has happened in the mean time! Including moving to Ontario Canada and picking this up from Toronto. My other 650 followed me from Australia (in the background!). This one has 750 kit and a bunch of other goodies. Want to respray the tank and sides, any suggestions???

Last edited:
IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0702.JPG First shot, 1980 canada carbs, rebiult mc and calper. Unfortunately the ss line I bought was too long, put the stock two peice back on. I know, i know, I'll be flushing crap out of the lines when i get the rite ss line. Its lowered. Waiting on a cheap chinese cafe seat. 1971 bars with 72 switch boxes. I used the horn button on the left to fire the starter.
Second shot. I need to pilish the lowers and the clutch cover.
Third shot.... if i squint i can see it looking good. Im thinking its not really a bobber, or a cafe, its low, makes it look longer, maybe a og cruizer? Idk. All i know is my neighbor wants to buy it for $2500. Free maintinence, and upgrades!!

So it's been awhile since I've uploaded pictures and although the bike isn't painted yet I've made a lot of progress on the project. I currently have the engine out of the frame for the first time since the bike was new and in the process of installing Mikes XS big bore kit, Shell #1 grind cam, head work, and a hydraulic clutch slave. Here's a few pictures.[/QUOTE]

My kind of build Very Nice

So while I have the engine on the bench I am eliminating the kick start shaft that is sticking out of the RH side cover (see photo of my bike top of page). I am going to make a machined aluminum plug that will take the place of the shaft and seal. Is there any interest in these plugs if the prototype works out for those you that don't use the kick starter anymore? I weighed the shaft assembly less the pedal assembly and it was nearly four pounds. When I get it fabricated I'll post a few pictures. Warren

So while I have the engine on the bench I am eliminating the kick start shaft that is sticking out of the RH side cover (see photo of my bike top of page). I am going to make a machined aluminum plug that will take the place of the shaft and seal. Is there any interest in these plugs if the prototype works out for those you that don't use the kick starter anymore? I weighed the shaft assembly less the pedal assembly and it was nearly four pounds. When I get it fabricated I'll post a few pictures. Warren
I have nothing against your idea but I think most people prefer to keep the kickstart option just in case.....best of luck though.

ya, the kick start isn't an option for me due to the "rear sets" When the bike was in stock form I typically kicked it vs. electric.

Finally getting around to posting my project, actually finished it in Feb 2016. 75 650B. complete frame up job.

Attachments

• B&W Train.JPG
    B&W Train.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 375
  • XS Graffiti.JPG
    XS Graffiti.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 359
  • XS train2.jpg
    XS train2.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 345
Back