Went out for a "lunch ride" with an old bud today, got home about 100 backroad miles later. Life is good.
20170611_114430.jpg
20170611_114403.jpg

more at rockerbox
#97 in the post above beat two sportsters with an outside pass at the finish line in an asphalt flat track heat race. Which is an insane form of racing. The same rider was also competing on a Harley that he used to win the main.
There were at least 5 XS650's entered in races.
20170609_145240.jpg
20170609_145222.jpg
20170609_141528.jpg
20170609_141317.jpg

As it currently sits... getting some fab work done.View attachment 97175Not the best picture, but the only recent one.
Hi, I am very impressed with your build , just the style I am building myself , low , lean and clean.
I do have a question regarding your high tunnel gas tank,I am ten full days ( I'm retired) into building my bike and have it in good riding condition with most of the fabrication done,( bought a semi assembled basket case) I have the same style tank and have lowered it as much a possible but it just doesn't look right to me with the bottom of the tank not level with the top of the motor, I am considering retunneling it but would rather just buy one, If you dont mind could you tell me the name and where you bought your tank ( if its not custom built).
I am hoping to have the rest of the bike finished and ready for teardown/paint by the end of the month.

Thank You
"D"
001.JPG

that's genuine rust

Hi Brew,
nah, that's cultured rust. It's real, just like cultured pearls are real except for being grown around a glass bead instead of growing naturally around a grit particle.
Cultured rust starts with clean bare steel that's allowed to rust and then lacquered over instead of occurring over time through neglect.

there ain't no lacquer on it. Only thing that's ever been done to it is the liner. Lots of rain and gas and oil over 5 years and that's what you'll get.

Back