I'll agree..the 3 are stunning...What a beautiful calendar cover they would make. (I already made my three nominations though)

My Rat Bastard !

Attachments

• received_10211768005170667.jpeg
    received_10211768005170667.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 294
I do not need another XS650.

I've still got an '81 barn find in the shed which I've hardly touched since purchasing this past spring, though it does seem to be a promising project.

If I was married, I imagine that my ears would be ringing with, "What ?? Another 650 ?!? Dude, you do NOT need another XS650!" (I would insist that my wife call me "Dude", as it would enhance the romance between us).:)

But I'm not married, and the opportunity to chase, capture, and bring home another XS in any freaking condition is rather intoxicating.

2F686C3A00000578-0-image-a-27_1450222348665.jpg

I got a return phone call last night from a nice young fellow from West Eaton, just around the corner from Hardscrabble road, where I was with the '83 the other day.

1983.Ride 010.JPG

He said that his '77 had been in the family for a few decades as a "farm bike", and had no title. He had hoped to get it running, but his attempts produced only a feeble turning over of the engine with the starter. No ignition spark. The BS38's seemed rather intact, internally, he said, earnestly. He wanted $150.

The home was "way out in the middle of nowhere", but his backyard had a million dollar view of the neighboring valley. He had just restored a very cool Jeep CJ from the early '50's. Nice guy. I like dealing with nice guys. I'll pay more for a bike if it was owned by someone who appreciated it.

The compression figures were very poor, and the bike had sat outside for a long time. It was a '78, I quickly established. But a small snort of XS650 cocaine sat in my front of me, and he was quick to accept 100 bucks..

Much enjoyed listening to Gregg Allman's Low Country Blues on the way home. I miss him very much.

It has chromed side covers (corroded, unfortunately), a custom Corbin duct tape seat (the seller's name was Corbin:laugh2:), and alloy wheels which will be just great for the '81 which has some rust on its steel wheels.

The tank will be a nice addition to the hanging tank wind chime collection I have going in the garage.

I plan to cut and splice the intact mufflers to my '80 Rat Bike (named "Jimi") exhaust which has decent headers, but ravaged mufflers.

The engine will make a nice winter rebuild, something I have not yet accomplished, to provide a back-up lump to one of the other bikes, which will eventually need refreshing. This will be fun.

What a great day. :)

002.JPG

Last edited:
(I would insist that my wife call me "Dude", as it would enhance the romance between us).:)

When I was young, my nickname was Duke, everyone called me Duke. I even worked in a fleet garage where I wore uniforms with my name "Duke" on a patch on my shirt. When I met my first wife , I told her call me Duke!
She looked at me flatly and said, " Your name is Bob! "
Sigh...been Bob ever since. She took my Mojo! :cautious:

When I was young, my nickname was Duke, everyone called me Duke. I even worked in a fleet garage where I wore uniforms with my name "Duke" on a patch on my shirt. When I met my first wife , I told her call me Duke!
She looked at me flatly and said, " Your name is Bob! "
Sigh...been Bob ever since. She took my Mojo! :cautious:
Duke,
Its not too late to get it back.

Haha! That’s all right, that ship has sailed.
Bob I am!

I feel you there... Many people called me Willis for many many years. I've knew my wife in high school, but she never knew me as Willis then and does not refer to me by that. My name is Rob, and she and her girls still call me Robby... like i'm a little boy... I ran into some old friends at lunch last Sunday who know me as Willis. I had to explain to the girls why they were calling me that. Too funny.

This machine right here is built by Kustom Special Components, or KSC, from Italy. One of the team members, Massimo, is an Italian engineer living in the UK. The KSC shop is located in Italy and is run by his partner Fabio, who is specialized in machining parts and welding. They took a Yamaha XV750 Virago as a base bike with a clear plan: building the new wave version of this classic bike with some race spirit.

The first look clearly shows that they were pretty serious. It looks modern, has an aggressive racy stance and the materials and color palette just seem to work out pretty well for the Virago. Rest of the words by Massimo.

XV750-Cafe-6.jpg

XV750-Cafe-3.jpg

This machine right here is built by Kustom Special Components, or KSC, from Italy. One of the team members, Massimo, is an Italian engineer living in the UK. The KSC shop is located in Italy and is run by his partner Fabio, who is specialized in machining parts and welding. They took a Yamaha XV750 Virago as a base bike with a clear plan: building the new wave version of this classic bike with some race spirit.

The first look clearly shows that they were pretty serious. It looks modern, has an aggressive racy stance and the materials and color palette just seem to work out pretty well for the Virago. Rest of the words by Massimo.

XV750-Cafe-6.jpg

XV750-Cafe-3.jpg

I like it. For years I've been intrigued with what could be done with the Virago engine.
Here's another.

yamaha-xv750-2.jpg

I've really tried to like the looks of that Yamaha 90 degree v-twin but have never been able to get there.

XV750-Cafe-6.jpg

XV750-Cafe-3.jpg
BTW, Lesa, I want to welcome you to XS650.com

My father's family ancestry is Dutch. Joure, in the Province of Friesland, was their place of origin.

Hope you enjoy your experience at this website.

Here is "The SG" at the present ...
20171102_223534.jpg
20171102_223651.jpg
20171102_223721.jpg
20171102_223759.jpg

I call her a road warrior. I've wrenched on and have ridden her since '10. She's carried me for 10-20k miles. Not all trouble free, but she always brought me home. Except for the time her clutch cable broke within a mile of home. I love this bike.

Last edited:
Back