Ok, here is the most current photo of my project.

xs650project01.jpg

I have a little bit of work left to do before it gets stripped for paint, polish, and powder coating. The color scheme is going to be gunmetal and silver. It's got a stretched and braced swingarm, modified seat rails, battery box on the swingarm, Mikuni 34mm VM carbs, Boyer ignition, hydraulic clutch, forward controls, Ural headlight, and a few other things here and there. I need to get this done so I can :bike:
Where did you get that rear fender!? Looks good

Ok, here is the most current photo of my project.

xs650project01.jpg

I have a little bit of work left to do before it gets stripped for paint, polish, and powder coating. The color scheme is going to be gunmetal and silver. It's got a stretched and braced swingarm, modified seat rails, battery box on the swingarm, Mikuni 34mm VM carbs, Boyer ignition, hydraulic clutch, forward controls, Ural headlight, and a few other things here and there. I need to get this done so I can :bike:
Hey Travis where did you get that rear fender

Last licensed in 2013 and just parked in the shop the last two years I got to feeling guilty.
So new shoes, sprockets, chain, a fresh battery, new oil, a Banggood front brake line, the carbs, M/C and caliper cleaned, valves set and timing for the shitty 'ol points she was ready for the Buffalo, MO toy run.
IMG_20171119_111609_536[1].jpg

IMG_20171119_121348_407[1].jpg

The last and biggest toy run of the year is this coming Sunday. 500 - 800 bikes are not unusual and excellent weather is forecast so the crowd may go to 1000.

*** EDIT: The crowd count was 3800 bikes. Close to 5,000 with riders included.
The ride is only 4 miles up a main drag 3 wide to a lane, 2 lanes. With a huge jam up at the destination. After ride parties at 4 different bars. Another year done.

It will be a sea of Hardleys and Injuns. I decided for this run to put some shiny under my heinie.
This one is another of the neglected. Last ridden(2014?) to chase Grizld1 and gggGary down in AR for a 10 min bs session the carbs (although drained) needed to be gone through. The left float and the needle spring pin were stuck open and the jets a little fuzzy. Easily fixed with aerosol carb cleaner and pressured air. A couple of loops around the storage facility I think she will be good to go.
IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

Last edited:
Back