Speedy Gonzalez?
Yes, the mascot of the grouse mouse haha

Awesome bike! What seat/rear tail lamp did you use and how did you mount the seat? Were you able to retain the rear loop on the frame as is?
Rear seat is a xr750 replica style fiberglass item. Mounted it with some m6 bolts from underneath, nothing special but had to shorten the rear hoop a fair bit. You can see it properly in this clip

Before and after pic of my 1980. Got it a couple months ago. Turns out the ugly was only skin deep!
1980 XS BeforeAfter.jpg

Looks fairly complete. Does she run?
As far as I know it runs. It kicks over fine. I've stripped it and am getting it powder coated next week. Replacing the wiring harness. Have also bought signal lights and a tail light and rear sets. Will start reassembly soon.

Moonmanzn, in the chair off to the right, is that catus?

JR, Did you add electric heat to the grips? I’m having difficulty differentiating the bike wiring from tree limbs in the photo.
Ha ha! No, I didn't add heated grips. I re-used the grips that were on the mini-apehangers. Eventually, I will install Siligrips. I have them on my other 650 and I love them. I have heated grips on my V-Strom and while I like the warmth, the grips themselves aren't very comfortable. When the heated grips crap out on the V-Strom, I'm going with Siligrips there. too. Can you tell I'm a fan of the Siligrips?

Lol it is indeed....

Reason I ask is because I didn't expect to see cactus in the UK. Around here(Tucson AZ) they are almost weeds.
Back to your XS..That rear suspension is not something one sees very often. Well done! I trust your 2nd in charge gave his(or her) nod of approval on your ride. Ride ON!

Reason I ask is because I didn't expect to see cactus in the UK. Around here(Tucson AZ) they are almost weeds.
Back to your XS..That rear suspension is not something one sees very often. Well done! I trust your 2nd in charge gave his(or her) nod of approval on your ride. Ride ON!
Lol they can only come outside in summer other wise they spend their life above the heater on the window sill. Yeah bit different lol and my 2IC loves it.

Back