Hi.

The tank is one from america i made new brackets etc for it to fit... but easy job i'll try and find the link....
20171216_155033.jpg

I don't have much info. I bought the bike from someone who got bored. It's a 76 XS650, I'm told the tank is from an 850, no Idea on the gators. I've got some shocks coming that aren't 4 different colors. I stripped it completely and had the frame painted. I've installed the gages and lights and am working on the wiring and reassembly.

I like that green and yes the tank looks like a 750 or 850 standard. What gauges are those? I like the way that all looks together nice and clean looking :thumbsup:

The tach and speedo are the mini's from XS650direct.com. They come with a tab that I mounted in the original hole for the attachment of the instrument cluster to the triple tree. I had to space them out for clearance with some old aircraft life vest container spacers.

My project
IMG_20180115_123950150.jpg
)
full

Before
full

Before that
full
Rome, GA! How about bringing that thing to a rally? Dogwood Rally in Suches, GA third weekend in April.
April 20th – 22nd, 2018. Smoky Mountain Dogwood Rally, Suches, GA.

The Dogwood is back for 2018, headquartered at the Two Wheels of Suches Motorcycle Campground & Lodge – 1915 State Hwy 60, Suches, GA – in one of the best riding regions in the South. For more information, contact Marty Hallberg via email m.hallberg@windstream.net. Rally updates on the event page facebook.com/TheDogwoodRally

Vintage Yamaha Rally 28 Sept to 1 Oct. www.vintageyamaharally.com Bring it!!!

Hey drgonzo, nice transformation you did.........do you want to sell those 'hammerhead' shocks in your top pic?

That one is currently a non running project. When I was racing it, it had a small magneto ignition made up of Chinese minibike parts and had to be started with a roller starter. I have just started converting it back to a street legal bike. I don't see me having it done by April. I did attend the Dogwood Rally many years ago on my first XS, an XS650C.

[QUOTE="drgonzo, post: 536195, member: 201I did attend the Dogwood Rally many years ago on my first XS, an XS650C.[/QUOTE]

What year was that? You had a buddy riding a Norton?

Back