My 80 Build...

Fabrictors build.JPG
She's a beauty. :rock:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/footre...bbers-are-they-gold-plated.36429/#post-554120

Last edited:
Not really my style Erwin but she sure looks like a nice tidy build! Congratulations!

Pete

Well Done Erwin ! .... all except wiring and front break.... well maybe you'll have it running next month then eh ?
lol..... getting those wiring harnesses strung the way they intended them to be strung is a PITA !
I'ed be real tempted to just wire it myself ! if you do, use bigger wire than they had from the factory ok ?
that way when you blow a 20 amp fuze the wire doesn't melt to and from the fuze !
..... that sure should be a fun machine to ride ! keep after it.... and get'er done !!!
Bob....

I couldn't agree more Paul its a sweet looking machine I wann'a hear it run ! LOL
Bob.......

Welcome to the forum. Nice lookin' bike.
Thanks! I rode it 15 miles home, and it feels really nice. Has a head gasket oil leak the seller said was very minor that I'm not so sure about... it worries me. Needs a new front brake master cylinder, something I'm pretty comfortable doing, and three out of four turn signals are mangled. Seller claimed it was from a static fall, and there is no road rash on the damaged signals, supporting his contention... but if that is so, how did a fall on the left side damage the right front signal? Ah, the questions of life.

Has a head gasket oil leak the seller said was very minor that I'm not so sure about...

Not sure of your experience level... but a head re-torque will oftentimes fix a leaky head gasket.
There's a wealth of knowledge in the Tech Section and the search box on this site does a great job.

IMG_20180713_205351_129.jpg
Passed it's first MOT, now hopefully it will be registered soon.

It was a little stressful, as the Minnesota title does not say XS650 anywhere on it! Under type/model it says "RS" so the guy wanted to put it down as Yamaha RS, nothing else.
He was going strictly "by the book"

Back