What tires are those? I have had a tough time finding 16" and 19" combos that have enduro type tread.
Duro HF904 Rear 4 Ply 130/90-16
Bridgestone Trail Wing TW39 Dual Sport Front Tire

Duro has both sizes, Bridgestone has a 120/90-16

Those are the ONLY 2 manufacturers with suitable 16" that I have found.

Here's my '80 G, imported & refurb'd by Halco in '99 & bought by me in '04. Has been off the road for a year while I tried to sort the badly-running left cylinder. Gave up a couple of weeks ago & took it to a local engine whisperer I got to hear about. Well, he charged me 8 hours labour on it but went through everything, sorted the carbs, & pronounced it a good healthy engine. Am so relieved as am taking the bike on the Piston Rally in northern Spain later this month. Even if I didn't sort the problem myself (only caused it but I won't go into the gory details) then at least I know what BD34's look like inside after removing & replacing them at least 4 times.
Did a few other jobs over the past year incl new Metzeler ME77's, an XS1100 slotted disc (bit warped unfortunately so I've got a "pulsing" lever), TTR250 master cyl & single length braided hose, fresh fork oil, new roadster-style seat cover & slight shave of the foam to reduce the step, removed RLU & turn signal self canceller (never worked) & some polishing.
Second pic is on a run this week to an old filling station at Colyford with Z1000 & 850 Commando

Attachments

• pump 028.JPG
    pump 028.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 286
  • pump 022.JPG
    pump 022.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 272
14 mi west in Tecumseh. You got a good deal on that bike. I saw it on CL in Baldwin city.

14 mi west in Tecumseh. You got a good deal on that bike. I saw it on CL in Baldwin city.
Yup thats the one. He was asking $1700, and then we decided to trade. I was trying to get $1500 out of the Toyota Carolla.

It's in really good shape. Low miles. I'm really excited to get my parts order to get that cafe crap off of it. I can't ride a bike hunched over like that. I'm taking it back to a full street tracker style, but with an enduro edge, 50/50 tires. Text me if you want 785-550-3384. If anyone wants the cafe stuff, or fenders, and other misc parts let me know.

Here's my '80 G, imported & refurb'd by Halco in '99 & bought by me in '04. Has been off the road for a year while I tried to sort the badly-running left cylinder. Gave up a couple of weeks ago & took it to a local engine whisperer I got to hear about. Well, he charged me 8 hours labour on it but went through everything, sorted the carbs, & pronounced it a good healthy engine. Am so relieved as am taking the bike on the Piston Rally in northern Spain later this month. Even if I didn't sort the problem myself (only caused it but I won't go into the gory details) then at least I know what BD34's look like inside after removing & replacing them at least 4 times.
Did a few other jobs over the past year incl new Metzeler ME77's, an XS1100 slotted disc (bit warped unfortunately so I've got a "pulsing" lever), TTR250 master cyl & single length braided hose, fresh fork oil, new roadster-style seat cover & slight shave of the foam to reduce the step, removed RLU & turn signal self canceller (never worked) & some polishing.
Second pic is on a run this week to an old filling station at Colyford with Z1000 & 850 Commando
See you in Spain, maybe.

Back