1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's See The XS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XS650RR, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Thank you Guy....much appreciated

2. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Thank you Mailman....much appreciated....and 2 thumbs up from a fellow Canadian ☺

3. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Very nice bike Skip! Nice to see a fellow maritimer on here with a cool set of wheels!

robinc likes this.
  4. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Thank you Superjet....that is an awesome bike you have there yourself sir ☺

5. At a recent bike club event with a flying P51 Mustang.

Attached Files:

MrBultaco, manxman, robinc and 2 others like this.
  6. jlc

jlc XS650 Member

OZ
  7. Cyber

Cyber XS650 Member

Indiana
    New member and new rider here, my new to me 1983 XS650. Just picked it up from a guy who did a half ass bobber job on it. The problems with it are many and I am looking for to transforming her into my own creation. Good thing is the motor runs great and the carbs just need a good cleaning. Looking forward to keep everyone posted through the winter as I bring her to proper glory.

Attached Files:

gggGary, Superjet, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  8. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang' Top Contributor

Welcome to the forum Cyber. Start a build thread of your own in the Garage. Looking forward to watching the reformation.

gggGary, Superjet and Jim like this.
  9. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Enthusiast

Just wrapped up my build. Thanks to everyone on this site that helped!

[​IMG]

Bushyeyed1, manxman, SAFU and 10 others like this.
  10. Jimbo W

Jimbo W XS650 Enthusiast

Well, I survived the Piston Rally although I did get left cylinder rich mixture/plug fouling probs again on the last 2 days. On the whole though a fab experience among loads of interesting old bikes. Fantastic riding, great weather, good company. Almost 500 miles covered in the 5 days we were away.
    Saw 1 other XS, see picture (spoke to owner, bike was having charging probs.)
    Want to do it again! Piston Rally 2018 042.JPG Piston Rally 2018 051.JPG

Attached Files:

Mailman, Rasputin, gggGary and 3 others like this.
  11. Rasputin

Rasputin XS650 Enthusiast

Were you on this years Moto Piston Rally, the one in Santander?

12. Jimbo W

Jimbo W XS650 Enthusiast

yep, that's the one - we were just there Mon to Weds, staying in Potes. Here's another pic parked in amongst my riding pals at a lunch stop.
    Bike is really sick now - had to have it taken away in my mechanic's van yesterday. Possibly electrical, dunno but no go.
    # Piston Rally 2018 050.JPG Piston Rally 2018 050.JPG

13. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Man, that’s super clean! I can’t believe you didn’t write a build thread here!

kawabunga and Superjet like this.
  14. keninoc

keninoc XS650 Member

Picked up this '80 xs several years ago from a guy who had it as a parts bike that was supplying parts to one that he was restoring. It was missing carb parts, side covers, a decent seat, battery etc. I got it running (barely), and then moved on to a TT 600 that I was restoring. A few months ago I got serious about restoring it and added new tires, seat, sump filter, starter gear, battery, brakes and quite a few other repairs that it needed. I just wanted to thank all of the contributors to this site for covering every possible thing that could go wrong with these bikes as I didn't have to ask any questions. EVERYTHING is covered on this site. You long time contributors have done a fantastic job making restoration easy. A huge Thank you to you guys. IMG_0329.jpg

jlc, Mailman, Meddy and 3 others like this.
  15. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

That’s a good looking bike, you did a nice job with it! Congratulations!

Superjet likes this.
  16. keninoc

keninoc XS650 Member

Thanks Mailman

17. willis

willis XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Kininoc, what seat is that on your bike? Is that a Texavina unit from Vietnam Nam? I like the way it looks.

18. keninoc

keninoc XS650 Member

Yes Willis it is. I was surprised to see the red diamond stitching when it arrived, and wasn't sure that I liked it. It has since grown on me, but if the bike was not black I probably wouldn't like it. I just forgot to specify what type of stitching and style when I ordered it on their website. The quality is very good and fits perfect. Highly recommend it. IMG_0330.jpg

Superjet and willis like this.
  19. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Keninoc, that is one fancy parts bike you got yourself there! Great work.

robinc and Jim like this.