1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's See The XS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XS650RR, Nov 13, 2009.

1. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

ShaneWey and Jim like this.
  2. Jim

Jim "No...Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try." Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Welcome to the forum Shane. You gonna start a build thread? I'd love to follow it.

3. ShaneWey

ShaneWey XS650 Member

Yeah I think I will. So far any work I've done I haven't filmed so tomorrow when I get to the garage, it will be my first video. Nothing exciting. Oil and timing.

Or I could just start with paint o_O

2M. Both of us being in central Texas, I think we can do better than Rudy's. Challenge accepted.

TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  4. WT100

WT100 100 countries or bust!

Loving this new exhaust more and more.

IMG_3294.JPG

GLJ, Mailman, ThatXS650Guy and 5 others like this.
  5. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Enthusiast

Just part of the bike, but, here's the engine I just wrapped up refreshing. This will be going in my next build.

Vapor blasted the cases prior to any work for prep. Polished parts are wet sanded to 800 grit, then rubbed down with Wizards metal renew. Painted parts are high temp engine paint. Hugh's Handbuilt stainless steel hardware kit and some brass pieces for the finishing touches.
    Internals were refreshed because of a roached top end. Bored .050" over, pistons, cam, rockers, cam chain, seals and gaskets. Bottom end was good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Great looking engine Kawa!

kawabunga and Jim like this.
  7. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Yeah! You know I’m among the polish everything until it looks like a mirror crowd, but I’m really digging the satin finish on your cases, very sharp looking motor. :thumbsup:

8. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

wAbP4O0.jpg Very nice looking engine . Well worth your efforts ! -RT

gggGary, madmax-im, Moabite and 3 others like this.
  9. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Enthusiast

What an incredible thread..I have gone through the 1st 30 pages and I cant get enough of these bikes...The creativity is boundless...My favorite years are from 1977-1980 and in as close to original condition as possible.

TwoManyXS1Bs likes this.
  10. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Enthusiast

Holy Moly that is beautifully done...:cheers:

kawabunga likes this.
  11. Brassneck

Brassneck XS650 Guru

Gorgeous engine! OK, I'm in...I'll send you mine for the same treatment. Sound good?? :)

kawabunga likes this.
  12. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

1552079543117-840636823.jpg 1552079352513905248614.jpg Jp1s 74 at Eustis bike show!
    Chaves 73 also

13. gggGary

JP won first place British with the commando, headed out for two hour vjmc group ride on tx650a atta boy! 80's n sun today. Rough duty.

Attached Files:

TwoManyXS1Bs and Mailman like this.
  14. cafetools

cafetools XS650 Addict

Utah
    Got a few things buttoned up at night and decided to snap a pic

Attached Files:

gggGary likes this.
  15. Admittedly not an XS, but I went to the Yamaha dealership today and ran into this guy. What are your thoughts everyone? If this is posted in the wrong thread just tell me, and I'll delete and repost appropriately.

Attached Files:

16. LiveSlowDieWhenever

LiveSlowDieWhenever probably broke down. Just call me greasy.

Pretty sweet, reminds me (almost too much) of the Ducati scramblers. Looks fun though for sure

17. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

I love the 950 scrambler. There are some new ones for sale locally for cheap ($7000 Canadian)! I have read some reviews and didn't do too good compared to the ducati scrambler and a few others.

18. LiveSlowDieWhenever

LiveSlowDieWhenever probably broke down. Just call me greasy.

Yeah that makes sense. The low clearance and short looking rear shocks make it look much more street-oriented. Still a sweet looking backroad commuter at least, I’d guess. Yeah the scramblers are bad ass and that sounds like a decent price. I’ll pick up a 2018 someday, maybe 2040 if we haven’t already collapsed into a thunderdome style apocalypse by then

gggGary and Brassneck like this.
  19. gggGary

Finally got resto out for a ride, had to get a second pic to better show the hundreds of swans in flood waters of the Baraboo river.
    swans with resto.jpg

swans 2019.jpg

Just in the forties today temps were dropping as I was riding near sunset. Had all the licensed bikes out this spring now. It's mighty hard to beat an XS650 for an all around great riding machine. :bike:

GLJ, azman857, MrBultaco and 7 others like this.