She ain't much, but I built her and I'm proud of her, because as far as being a mechanic and fabricator, I'm incompetent at best. Gonna go wrap the pipes this afternoon, should help her looks a little bit.

IMG_1078.jpg

Pipe wrapping may look bitchin but it's metallurgically bad for the pipe. I've seen many examples of fractured pipes due to wrapping

Don't let this scare you.. wrap those headers keep the heat in and make sure you soak the wrap in water before you wrap it and spray with high temp silicone spray after you heat cycle the wrap a few times. You'll be sad if you don't silicone it one touch and it frays badly

caj411---Your bike looks good and you did it yourself the way you wanted it. What could be better.........
tim

nj1639 , is that a XJ Seca650 fuel tank?
Hey TM,
That's an XS750 Standard 'knee dent' tank. They have a reverse mounting from our 650's as the pucks go onto the frame- receiving ears are on the tank, holds better than 4 gal.
Aldo the Red Leg posted some pics on his conversion to the knee dent tank.....good info.
I've heard that swapping in an XS650 tunnel can creep the hold up to 5 gallon.....back, back burner for that....lol.
I will say that the tunnel spread of the knee dent should allow copious amount of airflow over the top of the engine whilst riding.

Well looky there, who woulda thunk it!
Now, back to the muffler rearest most mount, does that get "beefed" up considering the angle of the dangle?

Did the overall length of the pipes get extended any by needed the adapter? if so, any guess how much was added?
looks very neat!

Well looky there, who woulda thunk it!
Now, back to the muffler rearest most mount, does that get "beefed" up considering the angle of the dangle?
That was buddy pegs. Sorry.
I didn’t reinforce mine and they are bolted solid to the frame. You might make some rubber bushes for vibration. I got one beefy clamp with mine and had to purchase another to mate them together.

Back