One_Pro_Poster_776x.png
https://rosequarter.com/event/the-one-motorcycle-show/

Finally finished my build! Thanks, again, for all the help from everyone on the forum!
Headed to The One Moto Show in Portland this weekend if anyone wants to see it in person.

MJ4ggTdh.jpg

aLJDUkqh.jpg

Cp9Dtt3h.jpg

KpRCSoHh.jpg

uTHbIu3h.jpg

IY3lKcZh.jpg

pYYZzJmh.jpg

The inspiration.
PKPeL1ch.jpg

Well man you nailed it! Before you said the Triumph was your inspiration, I was thinking how much it looked like one! :laugh2: Great job!
I really like it!

Well man you nailed it! Before you said the Triumph was your inspiration, I was thinking how much it looked like one! :laugh2: Great job!
I really like it!

Agree with Bob, you 'nailed' it.......:cheers:

also: thanks for the parts you sent me.:thumbsup:

Thanks, guys!
I really like the Bonneville Bobber and the XS engine looks so similar. The bike basically fell in my lap so it was a sign that it had to happen :)

View attachment 157745
This picture was taken while I was changing over from a solo seat to the king and queen. I picked up a set of spokes to swap over when Im not being lazy, and Ill eventually pick up a set of rabbit ears. I used to have an interesting jocky shift with a hand clutch setup but with no front brake the wife made me scale back on the sketch since having a kid.

Digging those pipes. Did you make them?

Kawabunga. Effing sweet build! Can you provide details on the rear frame/suspension? Did you modify a handtail frame or bullied it from scratch?

Absolutely beautiful!!
I might have to rethink the swingarm on my speed twin build. Did you lengthen the wheel base?

Thanks!

I utilized a TC Bros hardtail kit to fabricate the back half of the frame and swingarm.
I got the hardtail tacked into place first. The uprights for the frame are rolled tubing to mimic the curve of the tire. The swingarm is more of those uprights and the pivot is cut out of the original swingarm. The brackets that hold the pivot are laser cut 1/4” plates holding the pivot to the frame and swingarm respectively. Basically welded in the frame uprights, modified the hardtail to prep for the swingarm, weld in the pivot, cut swingarm off of frame, weld in swingarm corners. The shock is from a Ninja 650, which also mount direct from frame to swingarm without a linkage. Was hoping that would get me in the ballpark. It’s definetly stiff at this point and may need to be modified but I haven’t ridden it yet. Still in the dead of winter in MN yet. I’m running tight tolerances for the swingarm motion to help with the hardtail look, so that might need to be addressed to. This is a learning experience for me so we’ll see what happens!

And, Jim, I didn’t actually answer your question... Yes, the hardtail kit lengthens the bike by a total of 3”, I think? Details are on their product page.
Thanks for the reply. I'm using a GSXR750 shock and keeping the original pivots, so the shock is more vertical. If I'd lengthened the base, I coulda mounted it like yours. Hmm.... :umm: might have to rethink my softail.

upper tube 2.jpg

cut from jig 2.jpg

Hate to be a pain... but what's the center to center on the mounts on that Kawa shock?

Last edited:
Back