1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's See The XS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XS650RR, Nov 13, 2009.

1. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

Thanks, halfmile! I appreciate that.
    This recently completed bike shares the garage with my other XS build.

[​IMG]

2. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

It's been a lot of long days getting ready for the show, but I managed to get a few more photos last night. Bike is on it's way and I fly out tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics from the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

timbeck, Mailman, Raymondo and 9 others like this.
  3. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Thanks for the closeup and again, congratulations on a fabulous build. Like Mailman said, the longer you look, the more there is to like.

4. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

These two bikes should go straight onto the next calendar! The amount of hand fabrication and attention to detail is just amazing!

5. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

Greyandridin and Jim like this.
  6. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

kawabunga and Jim like this.
  7. NashGTI

NashGTI XS650 Addict

Went for a ride today and was going to take a picture or two of my bike in front of Old Hickory Dam, there were cop cars all over the parking lot though. Settled for a couple pictures at a parking lot by a creek at a city park. Same park where I took the first pictures of the bike the first time I rode it out of my neighborhood three and a half years ago. Maybe some other time at the dam, still think it'd make a good backdrop.
    march 1 2020(2).jpg

8. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

Winter if finally subsiding in the Midwest. Finally got it outside for a couple quick photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher Top Contributor

Nothing fancy....
    Bike.jpg
    But it puts the "Up" in my Giddy!

10. Jim likes this.
  11. Picked up my first XS a few days ago...1972 XS-2.

Attached Files:

12. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

From Finland I know NOTHING
    supercharged.jpg

13. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

As they say "I'd rather be blown"......

tim

14. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Kowabunga DUDE!
    Awesome.
    Jim you SEEING this?

kawabunga and Jim like this.
  15. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Hell yeah.... drooled over every pic. That was my inspiration to change directions on the speed twin wannabe....

ninja shock.jpg

Guyver, kawabunga, MrBultaco and 4 others like this.
  16. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

@Jim, I actually shot these photos with you in mind. In case you wanted some more focused photos of the swingarm/shock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

Bear in mind, I've put all of 2/10ths of a mile on the bike so far, so I don't know how it rides yet. I'll report back my findings once it actually warms up around here.
    The tolerances look tight (and they are) but based on the testing I've done thus far, I should have enough room for suspension travel.
    I'm no engineer, so it won't surprise me if I need to make some modifications along the way. This is a big learning experience for me. It's my first shot at building suspension, after all.

timbeck, Mailman and Jim like this.
  18. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thanks! :D

19. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher Top Contributor

So, I'm nursing a beer and working on the chicky pen and round the corner of the lineshack comes my buddy. He has a Harley Bad Boy. I can hear him coming! But no! He's perched on top of a pristine, 1974 - nifty - thrifty - Suzuki 50! 1760 miles!
    suz1.jpg
    suz2.jpg
    suz3.jpg
    suz4.jpg
    Ok, how much? $1600 bucks! Says it was his first bike.

Raymondo, Guyver, MrBultaco and 5 others like this.