Like a boomerang, I have returned!

The motor is in! What a cause for celebration! She even looks like a motorcycle. Now, back to the tachometer.Do you realise that the internal damper in the tachometer is worth 45 USD landed here? Thats 66 AUD for a condom sized rubber ring, (ok I'm exaggerating the size thing a little). Still, can't live without it. Better get two 'cause the speedo is bound to be shot. I'll write a cheque and postpone my retirement.

Attachments

• IMG_0056 2.jpeg
    IMG_0056 2.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0057 2.jpeg
    IMG_0057 2.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 46
Thats 66 AUD for a condom sized rubber ring,
David, there might be some inexpensive substitutes for that rubber ring, some which you might be able to get at your local store. Depends which model gauge you have.
There are some threads regarding this, but how about posting a pic of your gauge and which ring you are mentioning.

Good morning Gents
My first wiring dilemma. The new short stalk turn signal has only one black wire. The old one has two! Leo has said that black is earth, "always is and always has been", if I may misquote. The wiring diagram shows black and brown on one signal and black and green on the other. Do I have to add another wire for power or am I missing something.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 35
The wire coming out of the new one is light power... case is ground. Hook the wire to the respective signal connector and you should have a black ring terminal that goes around the threaded stud for ground.

Back