Linking to a photo?

CoconutPete

1979 XS650 Special
Reaction score
I usually do my photos as attachments. That's easy.

Every once in a while I'm looking to insert a photo into a post that's already hosted somewhere, but I can't seem to find an easy button for that.

Most of the other forums I visit have an "Insert photo" button that just adds or something similar to the front and back of the URL.

Anyone?

Trav pulled the icon in favor of getting photos stored here on the site to avoid future "photo not found" posts. BUT typing (img]http://www.xs650.com/data/avatars/m/0/743.jpg?1530974568[/img] or (img]image[/img] still works. note; you must use [ not ( but that would just show the picture.
743.jpg

I use this only for throw away images that won't affect any technical info that occasionally sneaks into my posts.

Last edited:
You can also just use copy and paste right into the editor. Copy the image you want, paste it in the the editor window, and it'll add the [IMG][/IMG] tag for you.

Gary, wrap your code in [plain][/plain] and it'll show the code instead of executing it.

A quick way to attach photos already hosted elsewhere is to save them to your desktop first, then copy and paste them into the editor window. That will automatically insert them at full size.

You can also drag and drop photos into the editor window and they'll upload, but you need to click the 'Full Image' button to insert them into the post.

Back