Long pushrod!

knuckels

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Installed the long pushrod,with new bushing and seal,super,no leaks,no wibbeling pushrod,but stil,why did the japanese guys did the two peice with a small ball inbetween???!!! its brianstrorming, maybe to envoy a turning issue?

feed me!

greetzz K.

With the two-piece push rod one rod is steel and the other is aluminum (with steel ends) -- this better matches the expansion of the cases, and reduces the clutch going-out-of-adjustment issue when the engine gets hot. The engineers thought this was an improvement, although it does increase wear on the bushing. A lot of people "upgrade" their later two-piece rod to an earlier one-piece, but I'm with the engineers, and I prefer the two-piece. Best solution is to make your own one-piece partial aluminum rod -- many have done this, I'm running one, it's the best of both worlds.

With the two-piece push rod one rod is steel and the other is aluminum (with steel ends) -- this better matches the expansion of the cases, and reduces the clutch going-out-of-adjustment issue when the engine gets hot. The engineers thought this was an improvement, although it does increase wear on the bushing. A lot of people "upgrade" their later two-piece rod to an earlier one-piece, but I'm with the engineers, and I prefer the two-piece. Best solution is to make your own one-piece partial aluminum rod -- many have done this, I'm running one, it's the best of both worlds.[/Q
With the two-piece push rod one rod is steel and the other is aluminum (with steel ends) -- this better matches the expansion of the cases, and reduces the clutch going-out-of-adjustment issue when the engine gets hot. The engineers thought this was an improvement, although it does increase wear on the bushing. A lot of people "upgrade" their later two-piece rod to an earlier one-piece, but I'm with the engineers, and I prefer the two-piece. Best solution is to make your own one-piece partial aluminum rod -- many have done this, I'm running one, it's the best of both worlds.

A si,claro, another less mindbreaker!!
Thx Dog Bunny fore the info!
K.

Back