Longer swingarm options for XS650 scrambler

TheRadBaron

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before. My slow internet makes it really hard to search for stuff. I'm looking for a swingarm to swap onto my XS650 scrambler that's a few inches longer than stock. I'd like to do something that wouldn't take a lot of modifications, though I can weld/fabricate so some minor mods wouldn't be a deal-breaker.
I'd also like something that was a bit stronger if possible. I heard that the swingarm from the XS750 triple is a bolt-in swap and it has thicker tubes. How does the length compare? I've also been told that the XS500 swingarm is a bit longer. Possibly 1 1/2".
I'm open to any ideas. Thanks.

- could look at a PE250/400 i think theyre about 535mm or KLX250 @ about 520mm

Has the PE swap been done, or is it purely hypothetical? I don't think I could get one to compare it to without paying for it, and I'd rather not buy one to find out that it won't work for some reason.

- 78 TT500 with 80 PE400 swingarm and quick change wheel

8417fl5_20.jpg

TX750 was the heavy duty bolt on swing-arm

Stole this off someone :bike:

Attachments

• XS650 TX750 Swing arm.jpg
    XS650 TX750 Swing arm.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 493
Radian swing arm bolts right in and is a couple inches longer I think, at least compared to my '72 swingarm.

On the early XS frames you need to move the shock mounts on the Radian arm in a bit to line up properly. Not sure about later model frames.

The Radian is a nice looking swingarm, very much like a Dresda arm from the same period. Popular choice for trackers.

Expect to pay $100+ for one as they're a well known bolt-in swap.

the tx750 swingarm is same length as stock mid 1970s on up xs650... early 1970s xs650 swingarm is1" shorter... Joe Wiseguy offers a service to stretch and reinforce your swingarm - his phone is: 425-870-9377

Really. I have a few other thing I wanna get from him also. BWAH HAA HAA HAA....:D

Thanks

Back