Look what I just bought! (GoPro HD Hero Camera)

BTW, in the burnout vid at one point it's hard to tell whether there's more smoke from the exhaust or the tires. :laugh:

:laugh: It's coming from the tire but I can see what you mean. I guess it doesn't matter anyway since the car was loaded onto a trailer about 15 min later and brought to the scrap yard. :shrug:

Well, the reason they made that one so cheap is they made a new version. it supposedly looks better and does more stuff. i used mine a lot when i first got it. but not as much as id like to anymore. I dont do anything cool in the winter...
i didnt trust the fact that it was waterproof at first but it hasnt leaked at all. I got the helmet version. it has the adhesive mounts for the helmet and it also has a couple different head straps. I dont even get to use the 1080p cause my computer wont play it smoothly. its too much for it. someone should make a gopro thread. i bought a bar mount separately that works pretty good for like $20...

Most computers will play 1080p OK if you make the window ~1/3 screen size. With my camera, I find 720p to be more than enough and it plays better when on full screen. FWIW, my camera will only play back with QuickTime.

Santa brought mine. Taking it back to Cycle Gear and upgrading to the new one for $50! Taking the grandkids on a really cool zipline tour Friday, and I think I'll put the camera on them.

John

Back