Wanted - Looking for a replacement high beam indicator

Mbeckler

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement high beam indicator for my new XT650. It fits in the top of the headlamp housing. This bike is beautiful and stock.
p/n 256-84357-61-00

Attachments

• Yamaha.jpg
    Yamaha.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Welcome aboard Mbeckler I think you are the third member here with that bike!

Respectfully,if you have a part# for the indicator you are in pursuit of,it will help.
May I respectfully inquire if the 73tx photo in your post is still For Sale ?

I dont have thr p/n of the pilot light. Ive looked and cant seem to find it in any part manuals. No the bike is not for sale'
Thanks

18 256-84357-61-00 BODY, PILOT LIGHT
19 256-84347-00-00 BULB
20 256-84301-61-00 PILOT LIGHT ASSEMBLY

So now I need one of these. Had bad one in the 73 pulled one that worked out of the other 73, for about 2 seconds, poof, and now I busted the glass out of both bulbs, good job for an LED?

Yamaha 256-84347-00-00
STANLEY 12V3WL OE is on the base of the bulb.
the glass envelope is minuscule no bigger around than the base.
I ordered some chinese LEDs in chrome bezel holders. I'll let'cha know how they work out but I'm up for other ideas also.

Same part # was used in TT500 78-81, TY250, DT2, AT2,AT3, RD200 if that helps.
I should know, I've been trying to track down just the lens (affordable) for a while

I made this

lens 001.JPG lens 002.JPG

out of this

1EZA1_AS01

License plate bolt reflectors I had laying around but they are cheap to buy.

Just ground and shaped it on a grinder wheel until it fit the bezel.
a bit of super glue and done.

Now when I get a bulb behind it it will be a thing of beauty.

Good job. I found that a .45acp shell fits perfect in the body, got it red hot and melted onto a scrap taillight just to make a cutting template today. Beat spending $30 for a used on ebay

Hey Gary!
Look what I just stumbled across. I was searching on google for a replacement high beam indicator, and guess what popped up? I like your idea for creating a replacement lens ( that’s my problem ) but I didn’t realize the bulb is some skinny hard to source bulb.
What did you wind up using? Any chance you remember?

Back