looking for indept info on 277 cover5sion

jfoerg

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
new old kid on here. I am John Foerg in Muscle Shoals. Alabama. I AM LOOKING FOR TECH INFO AS TO HOW TO buiild A 277 CRANK. wHAT ALL IS INVOLVED besides just turning the crank. Amy info appreciated. lINKS ECT. John Foerg

A bit of a writeup here on how its done.
You will also need to source a rephased cam, these are available from Hugh Owings, forum member MrRiggs & new from megacycle.

Thanks fellows for the tip on Hughs. I have been reading all day off and on and will do it again tomorrow and write down notes of things to remember and do. There is just so much informaion ther5e it is hard to soak it all up i9n one reading. Looks like the fellow has his shi* togather on the 650's. John Foerg :thumbsup:

Thanks fellows for the tip on Hughs. I have been reading all day off and on and will do it again tomorrow and write down notes of things to remember and do. There is just so much informaion ther5e it is hard to soak it all up i9n one reading. Looks like the fellow has his shi* togather on the 650's. John Foerg :thumbsup:

Hey man! If you are going to be at the Alabama Swap and Drags this weekend, I'll be there with 2 rephased XS650s that you can see in person, and I'll even let you take a spin on my personal bike if you like :)

Hugh - Hugh's HandBuilt

THANK YOU ! Since my disability check ( what little there is) will not be here until the 3rd. I guess I will be sitting in Muscle Shoals WISHING I was there. SS disability is a joke and I only expect it to get worse! I am 63 years old and I can remember back in the 1950's the SS account had so much money in it that the government was takeing lots of it and useing it for other things. NOW they say its going broke- NO FREEKING WONDER ! I wonder how much of that money actualy made it into the general fund and how much made it into private funds. LOL thats like the Browns Ferry nucular plant 45 miles from me. The propaganda to get people to accept the idea was that it would put out so much electricity so cheeply that it would be like not even having an electric bill every month. Another government bullshit bullitan. Tell me that when I go to pay my next $300 utility bill ! But I do thank you for thinking of me. Come on down and show some of these rednecks what a REAL 650 2 banger can do. Drive safe and may remember not to drive faster than your guardian angles can fly. GOOD LUCK John Foerg Muscle Shoals Al.

Back