1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Looking for info on this light (also Legality)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poverty, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Poverty

Poverty XS650 Addict

I found this one image of a tail light scrounging the web late last night .. and was wondering if some one had any info on it .. I..E.. who makes it .. what size is it .. and is it legal ? seems like a very cool way to get away with no turn signals easily

Attached Files:

2. jayel

jayel #9 Guru 74 TX650A

3. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

I can't say for sure if it is legal, a green light on the rear?. It looks more like the front light on a boat. The green and red indicate which side is which to oncoming traffic.
    Leo

4. angus67

angus67 Welder's penetrate deeper!!

my first thought too, leo. but the body looks like a old ford shell.
    i suppose some mariner turned a old turn signal for a car into a boat part.
    full circle if it was turn back into a automotive part. Shiver me timbers!!

5. Poverty

Poverty XS650 Addict

I would rather my girlfriend have turn signals and be as safe a possible (if I could attach a giant orange blinking cone to her I would )

this seemed like a option that might work instead of having 4 elf ears sticking off the bike

6. MOTOPHILE

MOTOPHILE XS650 Member

DFW
  7. Tron

Tron Bearded Sheep Whisperer

That light defeats the purpose of signals. If you want her to have them for safety, then get proper signals. You would not be able to tell which way she was turning with that light until your a couple feet away.
    Get some nice bar end signals that you can see from all sides.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOTORCYCLE-BAR-END-LED-CORNER-TURN-SIGNAL-MARKER-LIGHT-/400219991723?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2ef86eab#ht_3369wt_1141

8. CoastsideXS650

CoastsideXS650 Princeton Motor Works

In California its not legal. You need to have a red tail lens and the turn signals must be 90 degrees to either side of the tail light.

9. Poverty

Poverty XS650 Addict

10. ReycleBill

ReycleBill Part Time Tyrannicide XS650.com Supporter

It won't be legal in NC and based on my experiences in VA I think I'd do something different. VA state troopers are tough to please. I've driven in 48 states and all the border provinces in Canada and Mexico and I've had more tickets in Virginia than all the others combined.

PS. Dates and routes are up for the ride, I hope y'all can make it: http://billysmotorcycles.blogspot.com/2012/02/blistered-bottom-2012-june-22-25.html

11. Poverty

Poverty XS650 Addict

Awesome .. thanks.. Ill check them out !!

12. Kinda...

You don't have to run turn signals in Virginia, true. If you do have them, 1. They have to work. 2. They have to be a certain number of inches apart.
    I run an integrated LED on the Road Star. When I do my inspection, I just say I don't have turn signals. Ok, here's your sticker.

In regards to that custom light. I'll betcha $100.00 it'll confuse Virginia drivers...

Rich