Looking for some functionality with flavor

Moisstink

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the vintage firestones get a really bad rap. I am looking for a vintage look for a build right now and looking for a tire with some character. I like the Duro HF308 and am wondering what the general take on these tires are, especially compared with the firestones.

Attachments

• duro hf308.jpg
    duro hf308.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 354
I've run bridge stone s11 spitfires the last time i got tires... i had dunlop before, don't remember the specific tire, but i wore through the back one in 4500 miles. it was showing cords. the s11s look a little vintage, and they've done me pretty well. i know its not what you are asking about, but as an alternative...

I've run bridge stone s11 spitfires the last time i got tires... i had dunlop before, don't remember the specific tire, but i wore through the back one in 4500 miles. it was showing cords. the s11s look a little vintage, and they've done me pretty well. i know its not what you are asking about, but as an alternative...

Yeah, I have a daily driver that I just slap kenda challengers on and they have been doing me pretty good. I am trying to build a custom weekend sweet ride so I am looking for more vintage for this one but do not want to throw in the towel for quality. Thanks for the info, I will think about those for my 550.

I'dbuy shinko over duro. My duro rear is greasssy on remotely damp road.

Do you have any recommendation on the shinkos that have a endure or vintage tread? I guess I am trying to find something better than the firestones with a retro look.

I'd buy a dunlop k70 probably. Not that expensive. Has the look. Probably a decent rubber compound compared to a duro. I'm sure shinko has something similar to the dunlop if you look.

I run the Dunlop K70, both front and rear. They definitely have the right look and work well in both dry and wet conditions. The rubber is on the softer side, so only expect to get around 5K miles on the rear.

Only complaint is that due to their "blocky" tread pattern, you can hear them a bit going down the road.

I run the Dunlop K70, both front and rear. They definitely have the right look and work well in both dry and wet conditions. The rubber is on the softer side, so only expect to get around 5K miles on the rear.

Only complaint is that due to their "blocky" tread pattern, you can hear them a bit going down the road.

How tight is the front tire? I noticed the K70 only goes to a 3.5 and I wanted to check out the 4 if at all possible. My brother has a Harley bobber with a super fat front tire but I know that changes a lot of factors on the XS650 s as far as handling. I am wondering if any one out there has the HF 308 4.0 on the front tire and what they think of that.

I was thinking about trying to emulate the look going on with this bike.

Attachments

• tires duro hf308 2.jpg
    tires duro hf308 2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 471
How tight is the front tire? I noticed the K70 only goes to a 3.5 and I wanted to check out the 4 if at all possible. My brother has a Harley bobber with a super fat front tire but I know that changes a lot of factors on the XS650 s as far as handling. I am wondering if any one out there has the HF 308 4.0 on the front tire and what they think of that.

I don't believe they make a 4 inch for a 19 inch front rim. So unless you lace on an 18 inch....

Back