Lost sock day.

fredintoon

Fred Hill, S'toon.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I got an e-mail that said that today, May 15th, was National Lost Sock Day.
Then it offered me all manner of bargains on replacement socks.
Now, I USED to have a lost sock problem back when my daughters were of an age to need a babysitter.
She'd show up wearing odd socks that she'd taken from her dad's sock drawer which socks would end up
abandoned at our house. We'd have to have dual household sock-matching parties to pair them up again.
This led me to buying nothing but black socks so I always have a matching pair and sometimes a spare
as a sock holes out and hits the trash. So how do you guys cope?
A) Buy all socks identical.
B) Rigidly maintain sock matching discipline.
C) Wear odd socks.
D) Don't wear them.

For work socks, back when I did that kind of thing, 90% of the time I was a "type A" guy with a fall back to "type C"
"Dress Socks" sometimes are purchased by swmbo, "style" sometimes over rides "A".

And I also only toss the ones with the "blow-outs" figuring someone will go AWOL and need to have one to fill in till it come back.

I have a bad knee and am extremely hard on socks and shoes. I go through my socks rigorously every week and toss any with any holes in them. Since I only buy dark navy blue socks - they always match up with very few "orphans".

That's the key to an orderly life - buy only one colour of socks.

...of course, I'm an engineer so nobody expects me to be a fashion plate....;)

Type A all the way....
I'm from Northern Ontario. We call these baby's Nipigon nylons since even the women wear em. Find a lady with the same size feet as you... you're golden. Not only do you not have to match, you don't even have to check which drawer they came out of. 45 years and counting.
nipigon.jpg

Type A, but two different styles. White crew socks that match well enough and wool socks that match well enough. Holey crew socks become my grade A polishing cloths and holey wool socks get put on upside down if the holes are in the heels. If the wool socks get holes in the toes......I just clip my toenails.

Scott

White crew socks W/ grey heels&toes. Church socks are polishing rags or winter insulation socks.

Like azman, mine are all white crew with grey heel, for size 13/14 feet. Target.
Toss the old ones frequently when they lose their stretch.
Formal attire for a funeral? Same white socks.

An "A" man here. White crews for summer, Browning merino blend for winter.......however, on the Brownings there are subtle differences as in the overall shade of grey can change from lot to lot and the stag head logo changes in width of design.....so "B" with the woollies. Wash day will find me with three or four pairs of Brownings, matching shade, logo width AND the subtle overall length differences. OCD? Mildly......

Back