Lowbrow customs shipping

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone ordered from lowbrow customs to Canada? $32 shipping is legit, just wondering if you got gouged by customs or other postal service. Because I've been double charged before once the package gets handed off to ups or Canada post.

I've only been nailed with the duty charges if it went through ups, fedex, etc. I usually ask to have stuff shipped usps, and then it goes to Canada post and I've never had any duty charges added on. I've only ever ordered a t shirt from them and it didn't get hit at the border

Don't live in Canada so I wouldn't know but I do know that the guys from Lowbrow Rock. I've ordered two tanks and at least another dozen items or so from them without any problems. Their new wassel peanut tanks rule.

What did you order?

I ordered some handlebars from them and paid an additional $30 when I picked it up. I ordered quite a bit of stuff as long as its not BIG stuff I didn't pay anything. A lot of the time companies will have a corporate account with a certain freight company and having them ship stuff USPS just isn't possible.

ya, I was gonna order the new P-nut tank, and probably some other parts. the tank being the biggest part I believe, I just dont want to get raped at customs. I once bought a pair of headphones for $100, $20 shipping or their end, $15 customs, USP $30 from border to me..... pretty pathetic. almost twice the price.

Wasn't "Free Trade" suppose to eliminate Customs Duty charges, as long as what ever it was you purchased was made in the U.S.? I know it was back in the 90's when I was purchasing all my Amiga Video Toaster Equipment.

Wow, I just read up about that, you are correct, it seems the sources I looked at say "if it's made In the US and you can prove it, free trade duty free.

There has been bad blood between UPS and Canada Post ever since UPS came to Canada and found a way around the postal regulations by using modified Checker Cabs to make their deliveries instead of conventional trucks, which somewhere in the regulations was prohibited except for Canada Post.

Also, when you use USPS, the package is handled by Canada Post on the Canadian side, so the bureaucrats are happy with that arrangement. All UPS shipments have to go through a broker, so they are shipped again after passing through the broker. Most if not all USPS shipments do not.

Since the last Canada Post strike, I have reverted to always sending USPS Priority Mail as it can take up to 5 weeks if you just use International First Class.

Of course, for all of us living here in the sunny south, just wait for next spring when the USPS runs out of money.....:yikes:..It will make the Canadian Postal situation look like a tea party....:wtf:

There has been bad blood between UPS and Canada Post ever since UPS came to Canada and found a way around the postal regulations by using modified Checker Cabs to make their deliveries instead of conventional trucks, which somewhere in the regulations was prohibited except for Canada Post.

Also, when you use USPS, the package is handled by Canada Post on the Canadian side, so the bureaucrats are happy with that arrangement. All UPS shipments have to go through a broker, so they are shipped again after passing through the broker. Most if not all USPS shipments do not.

Since the last Canada Post strike, I have reverted to always sending USPS Priority Mail as it can take up to 5 weeks if you just use International First Class.

Canada Post aint gonna like any other courier except Purolator.. . why you ask? . .. . because Canada Post pretty much owns Purolator, any other courier would be their competition wouldn`t it?.. . read what happened in 1993 http://www.purolator.com/dbwp/corporate_history.html

Keep away from UPS and Fedex.

I have always used USPS Priority Mail International. Fast delivery and no duty or gst charged coming into Canada. I just received some brake calipers from Florida to Calgary AB in only 8 days.

Back