Lowering fork - 2 or 3 inch? (With harley Shocks)

lumberjack

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Okeedokee. So I am sure this topic may have been covered before, but after searching, I can't seem to find a definite answer.

I am planning on a brat bobber build (BUT NOT a weld in brat kit. Just slamming it).

I have 11" eye to eye progressive Harley shocks laying around in my house, so those will be used.

I cannot for the life of me, find a side by side comparison of a 2 vs 3" drop on an XS650 fork. (such as the HHB kits).

If anyone has done this before with 11" shocks, which drop (couples maybe with sliding the tubes a bit up in the trees) yields the nicest and flattest look to the bike (no strange rake, or nose dive, but a level height)?

Any photos anyone could post?

THANKS!

PS if someone would like, I can post photo examples of what I plan on doing with my build.

More or less, this is the angle I am aiming to achieve with my bike:

xs650-custom.jpg

That bike can only go straight or left....

What springs are you putting on the shocks? Leave the "Harley" springs on there and you might as well bolt on struts. Fat shocks get winged by the chain.

Build 'em to ride!

Hmmm.. Would anyone know, by slapping on 11" shocks on the rear, how much the rear goes down by? (after compression and all that jazz - seeing as just measuring the factory shock and the new shocks really isn't a truthful measure. Id like to hear from someone who has done it).

I am starting to think that a 2 inch drop might be the ticket to get the right aesthetics, and also level it out

I am just trying to find a solid middle ground, that isn't stock height, as I really like the low and lean look.

I assume something like this is more of a 2" drop:

d23549cae61c689b05fd4530f909cd8d.jpg

Although that looks to be sporting Honda Shadow rear shocks...

Anyone here lower there bike? Maybe with photos and feedback on the handling?

Back