Luthor's Build

I would boil the rubber piece and use gloves to push it on so you dont get burnt if the piece is hot.

BTW I drooled all over my keyboard looking at your engine build.

I wonder if KY Jelly or Astroglide will work? Haha JK guys. I'll mess around with that sometime today. I'm no carb master, at all. The kit I bought brought 2 jet sizes and a pilot jet along with the needles with different notches. I heard back from MikesXS yesterday and he suggested going with the middle notch and the higher jet setting. I would like to know what everyone thinks here. I'll be running this engine with straight pipes/no baffles, and it will have velocity stacks. I took a picture of the replacement needle and the factory needle with all the little spacers it brings, etc. Gonna wait to see what you guys say about the setting. Also, on the air jets, what size should I go with?
0qdh.jpg

Use hairspray. Just like your grips. Will slide on easily and then will glue it into place so it doesn't rotate on the shaft or come off at a later date.

If I was stuck with that needle choice, I would do a table comparison. Starting at a known reference point, like say 1/2" from the top, I'd make little pen/pencil marking lines every 0.100", then measure the needle diameters at each mark, noting it in a list/table. There are different diameters and tapers. Using the table, I could align the lists and find the closest matchup to the original needle, and place the clip accordingly.

I contemplated powder coating the velocity stacks flat black as well but nah... I think they look good as they are.

NOOOOOOOOO!! but if you do ill take first stab at it. pm me a price if you decied. Sorry to hear this. Will you give it another shot later on?

Dude, what's happening? why are you selling the engine? You not selling up are you??
I wanted to see this done!!! It's going to be epic!

Still on the fence about it. I'd have to spend some $ on the ignition system, charging system and exhaust in order to finish it. Looking @ roughly $1K. Still in love with the engine though. Looks nice IMO.

Back