1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Mag rear wheel bearing spacer dimensions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grmp, Aug 2, 2020 at 6:33 AM.

1. grmp

grmp XS650 Member

The rear wheel bearing spacer for a 1980 SE cannot be found in Europe, as far as I can see. I can get somebody to fabricate one for me but having the OEM dimensions would be handy. A google search can find the dimensions for drum brake XS650's (part no: 9056 020135). But the mag wheel has a different part no (2M02531700) which suggest different dimensions.

Anybody have one they could measure for me (length, ID and OD). Many thanks

2. Bewarethemoon

Bewarethemoon XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

I can do this tomorrow? Or alternatively, if you cover shipping and the price of a bottle of beer I can send you the spacer you need?

Daniel.

3. grmp

grmp XS650 Member

A very kind offer. I am fitting a Moto Lana swingarm (designed for an SR500) to a new Mikes XS hub and at the moment it is not decided if I will stick with the 20mm XS650 spindle or use a 17mm SR500 spindle. Until that is decided I will not know what diameter spacer I need and if an XS650 one will be used. So for the moment I'm just looking for dimension but I might take you up on the spacer=shipping+beer offer. Thanks. Guy

4. Bewarethemoon

Are you looking for the tubular spacer that goes between inner bearing races?

5. grmp

grmp XS650 Member

Correct, it has the flange washer squeezed on it to help it locate. Probably look at bit like this spacer-sr500.jpg

6. Bewarethemoon

I don’t have the flange washer as I’m using it but I have the spacer.

I’ll measure tonight.

7. grmp

grmp XS650 Member

Bewarethemoon, if you have time to dig out the measurements of the bearing spacer I would be appreciative. (BTW bike-parts-yam.com have been able to supply a flange washer for a few £'s)

8. grmp

grmp XS650 Member