Making my Custom Footpegs....with pics

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys, So i've made a few pegs this year, some universal, some rearsets, some specific to certain bikes. They're easy to make if you have the supplies and tools and people seem to like them.

Here's some I made today in shop class. They will be going on my buddies 81' CB750 that i'm building for him.

Here's where we're at after two day of work. New bars, stipped, rewired some, carbs off for cleaning.

full

It always starts the same, find a suitable piece of stock and cut it a bit bigger than both the pegs combined. I always make the pegs out of one piece so I can get an even knurl on it.

The next step is to turn the Outer Diameter down to size...In this case 1 inch.
full

I then knurl the entire piece.
full

After I knurl it, I part the piece into two, take a grace space on one side to break up the knurl and put a radius on one end.
full

They come out looking like this:
full

I do the whole thing during a 2.5 hour shop period at school. It used to take me two days to do it all and now i've got it down to under one shop period :D and they seem to turn out better with each one.

Here's the lathe I run em on:
full

Here's the final product:

full

They still need to be drilled and tapped, however I need to fab up a bracket system for them to attach to so they can mount to the stock setup on his CB.

Anyway let me know what you think or if maybe you fancy a pair we can work something out :)

Back