Maxim Wheel swap ?????

well, any other bike wheel is going to take some work to get it to fit right. Only xs650 wheels will be bolt and go. If you really like those wheels, look for a complete front end with brakes and all. That way, you only might have to do a stem bearing or stem swap to make it work. mid 80s-90s virago 750's also used that same front wheel, so check for those as well.

Take your time and decide what you want before spending money. It is easy to make impulse buys, only to change you mind a week later. If the 5 spoke cast wheel is what you really want, i'm sure you can figure out a way to make it work. I run a harley wheel in my stock xs forks and trees, and it only took some homemade spacers and a bracket to make it work.

One person's hassle is another person's custom. Since the Maxim is shaft drive, you would need to adapt two front wheels somehow, maybe the Omar's front wheel adapter, although there is no guarantee that will work. Any way you go, it won't be cheap if you can't do any machining yourself. If it were me, I'd try to find one of those wheels cheap enough locally so you could take all the measurements you need - axle diameter, hub width, bolt patterns...

Back