Me thinks something foul has happened

SkavenDC

Just Some Guy With a Bike
Reaction score
Me thinks in a former life, my bike has had something foul happen in the right cylinder.

DBC19E20-09DF-49EB-A087-0330D1CB043B_zpskubimhvy.jpg

Was cleaning up some parts a little bit and found this. Seems to have "dents" around the intake port. They do not seem to be interfering with the valves themselves which could cause loss of compression. May explain why I have 1st oversized pistons and found metal chunks in the sump I couldn't account for. Any damage that may have happened in the past seems to be taken care of. Bike is turning out to be.....uh....interesting?? :banghead:

Are these "dents" alright or could they be problematic?

Thanks
Edward

I think it'll be ok, head wise. The valve guide looks to be in great shape. This is what remains of my '71 head after losing...er, breaking the head off a valve.... Last pic, same engine, RH cylinder.

I wouldn't worry 'bout yers :bike:

Attachments

• DSCF1680.jpg
    DSCF1680.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF1681.jpg
    DSCF1681.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF1683.jpg
    DSCF1683.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF1684.jpg
    DSCF1684.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 145
as long as theres no thin spots smeared out. they can get hot and ignight the cyl before you want it to. if there are any just knock em off with a file/sandpaper or dremel whatever you want

I was going to touch up the area just above the valve guide. Protrudes a little bit. Past that, I'm gonna leave well enough alone.

NONclow. Yikes. :yikes: There may have been an easier way to partially remove that valve guide. Guess mine looks great by comparison. Thanks for responding.

Back