Metal Rescue...it is AWSOME!

Inevitable

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I had heard through a friend that Metal Rescue would clean out a tank easily, and then some.

Saturday I went down to the local home depot to see if I couldn't score some and test it out.

I have to say...I'm amazed at how well it worked...I wish I had taken before pictures but below are some after shots. The second image is what came out of the tank after the cleaning.

Attachments

• 20120903_145427.jpg
    20120903_145427.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 20120903_145457.jpg
    20120903_145457.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 481
Filled it to the brim...made sure it was not* leaking out of the petcock...put the cap on...let it sit for 24 hours....poured it into that bucket in the second picture....done...no shaking...not moving... that's it =D

Last edited:
After seeing what it could do with the tank...we dropped some other things inside the bath...just to see.

Just got an email from the guy where the bike is being stored at...and WOW...all of these had some intense surface rust on them...almost caked over.

Attachments

• IMAG0818.jpg
    IMAG0818.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 432
Thats f****** Awesome:yikes: Man i wish i had something like that years ago, I have used many things like Brasso or Never Dull and Elbow grease over the years but it looks like all that hard work may be over :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gonna git me some of dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right...don't get me wrong the stuff is a lil price-y....25 dollars per gallon.

That being said, from what the stuff says you can re-use it. It says it can take off up to 3lbs of rust off per gallon.

And again...like you said...all that Elbow grease time you spend...completely over with...just make your bath...drop your stuff in...get a good nights rest...wake up and they are done!

AND you don't have to risk any kinda of chemical burn. Since it is water based it will not damage you or your clothes!

evapo-rust does the same thing. Its a little cheaper and can be found at auto parts stores and harbor freight.

I had heard through a friend that Metal Rescue would clean out a tank easily, and then some.

Saturday I went down to the local home depot to see if I couldn't score some and test it out.

I have to say...I'm amazed at how well it worked...I wish I had taken before pictures but below are some after shots. The second image is what came out of the tank after the cleaning.

We are glad you have had success with our product, if you have any questions regarding usage please feel free to PM, or email me with any concerns.

heres what i do to clean out a tank.costs almost nothing. put a handfull of 1 inch drywall screws in your tank along with some bb"s
and a pint of deisel. then wrap it up in sum towles and duct tape the whole thing.stuff it in a cement mixer.and turn it on.every hour or so pull it out and swap ends.after 4 or 5 hrs pull it out and wash it out with hot soapy water, use a magnet first to get all the stuff out.then dry in the sun.the trick is to wrap it just so that its wedged in the cement mixer and dont flop around but is held tite.it a old hillbilly trick for cleaning out gas tanks.when you get done the tank will be polished on the inside and will not rust, or at least the ones i did never did.i always keep a bit of marvel mystrey oil and stabil in any bike im not rideing regular so that may help too.

If you are planning on storing a gas tank for a while after de-rusting, we have heard good results from customers with using Dry Coat. Its a non sticky, fast drying rust preventative. It works great if you pour a little in the tank and splash it around, it can keep it from rusting on the shelf for up to two years.

Yeah, I used it this weekend. It did ok---I was expecting much better but it will be fine since my rust issue was not all that bad. I sprayed fogging oil in the tank after I finished the Metal Rescue.

would like to try it but this is how much we get ripped off in australia evo-rust aust home page 1lt $22,5lt $60 20lt $209....harbour freight in usa 4lt (1 gal) $30 it will be intresting to see how metal rescue compares (have emailed them)

would like to try it but this is how much we get ripped off in australia evo-rust aust home page 1lt $22,5lt $60 20lt $209....harbour freight in usa 4lt (1 gal) $30 it will be intresting to see how metal rescue compares (have emailed them)

If you have any questions about our Metal Rescue, please feel free to contact me via PM or email. We have a distributor in Australia that should save you some money when purchasing.

If you are planning on storing a gas tank for a while after de-rusting, we have heard good results from customers with using Dry Coat. Its a non sticky, fast drying rust preventative. It works great if you pour a little in the tank and splash it around, it can keep it from rusting on the shelf for up to two years.

Will Dry Coat tolerate any exposure to the outdoors? Example: If if remove rust from a chrome piece with Metal Rescue, is it serviceable after spraying with Dry Coat? If yes, how long?

Dry Coat is really used to prevent rust after de-rusting, it is more for storage so, if stored out side rain may wash it away, however if it is being store say within a garage it should have no problem. Dry Coat will prevent rust for up to 1 year.

Well I have nothing but good things to say about this product. I'm on my 2nd tank and so far it works great. Let it sit for 24hrs, occasional shake-up. Drained rinsed out and misted with StaBil fogging oil.

Attachments

• 812013 035.jpg
    812013 035.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 812013 038.jpg
    812013 038.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 231
Well I have nothing but good things to say about this product. I'm on my 2nd tank and so far it works great. Let it sit for 24hrs, occasional shake-up. Drained rinsed out and misted with StaBil fogging oil.

Awesome, would it be alright to use your quote and pictures on our Facebook page?

Back