mikes 2 into 1 exhaust and tc's forward controls

I can't tell if this would work or not since I don't have the forwards yet, but I am not too impressed with the 2-1 I bought from mikes ... bought in June of 2010 polished every week with a high quality chrome polish and brought my bike inside the house for the winter ... I have a LOT of rust forming on my exhaust now (only polished once after I brought the bike inside) ... I am going to go back to duals using the stainless headpipes from Mikes but I need to find mufflers that are fairly quiet

I like mikes header. But damn you are right that pipe rusted like it was cast iron!! It also isn't held together to snugly either. I am going to get mine welded pretty shortly here
Also ceramic coated. Then when that wears out I'll just wrap it. The likes about this pipe is it is a compact little system and light weight. I recommend the tip they recommend taper tip. I also would get the restrictors for this head pipe unless you are ported and carved. They flow. But sound nice.

Yamachop, I don't currently have the pipes on my bike and I never did get pics of it. I thought I had some but I went through a dozen cards trying to find them with no luck. ... I know Hugh used the 2-1 on the xs survivor build so he might be able to help you out with pics.

Milldinaire, I couldn't imagine removing the baffles on that tapertip, I have the same exhaust and my xs is louder than my neighbor's Harley and he has screamin' eagle shorty's on his dyna

I know, but loud is fun. I rode around with just the head pipe for a couple of days when I first got it and boy did people wonder what hell I did. It shook the windows of the local mom and pop from waaaay down the street.

Back