Mikes billet hubs.

Ratranger

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So I got the email about the new billet hubs that Mike's has, looking at the email I'm pleasantly suprised on the price. I am however kinda disappointed that they didn't add some form of cush drive in the rear hub. Anyone else have thoughts on these?

I too thought the wheel components were cheap, especially since they`re a direct bolt on replacement that accepts the factory brakes and spacers. I wish they would offer a assembled price though.

So I got the email about the new billet hubs that Mike's has, looking at the email I'm pleasantly suprised on the price. I am however kinda disappointed that they didn't add some form of cush drive in the rear hub. Anyone else have thoughts on these?

Source a rear hub from an XS500 for the cush drive - pretty much a straight swap......message 5twins, he has all the info that he passed on to me several years ago.
Failing that I can P.M. you the swap info if required/interested.

Source a rear hub from an XS500 for the cush drive - pretty much a straight swap......message 5twins, he has all the info that he passed on to me several years ago.
Failing that I can P.M. you the swap info if required/interested.

I'm running a KZ750B rear hub, so I have a cush with that. My next build will need a custom hub if I want spoked wheels, so that is still undecided.

My experience with getting custom wheels done is lacing and truing runs about $100. Overall I'd say other than the funky scallops these new hubs from mikes seem like a pretty good deal. A good way to have a disk brake in the rear with spokes.

I thought they looked pretty well priced too, assuming the quality control is on point. Certainly a great alternative to some of the crazy prices people are asking for used hubs down my way of the globe. It would be awesome if they also brought out a hard black anodised option, or even raw so you can have them done however you liked...

Back