Mikes XS camshaft???

xscessivecompulsive

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I think Im gonna upgrade my cam as opposed to using a good condition used stock one I found. Are any of you guys using that cam he has for sale?? Was also wondering if that cam came with the valve springs?? Or what else is a good cam to run with, just wanted to hear thoughts and was really wondering what was you guys think of that cam if anyone is running it?? Thanks in advance................

XSC

I bought one of those from Paul Bertaut awhile back. Yes, valve springs and valve guide seals are included. The main problem with it is adjustability. The sprocket can mount through the slots for adjustment, but most makers use three 7 mm. fasteners to hold adjustable sprockets, and I didn't trust the 2-point mount. I got lucky; when I checked valve timing and located lobe centers with the bolts through the holes, the cam proved to be where I wanted it. Athena and XS Performance head gaskets are thick (.060") and may advance valve timing enough to result in power loss. I'd recommend Vesrah or OEM gaskets (.048" thick).

There was also quite a bit of grind error. If I had it to do over I'd pop for the original Megacycle 250-00 rather than the clone from Tiewunon.

Back