Mike's XS Carb Holders

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I replaced my friends old carb holders with a brand new set he had bought from Mike's XS. He put 300 miles on these carb holders as of Monday.
He noticed a nasty backfiring, lean condition about a week ago. I've been tinkering with it for 2 days and finally found it.
The holders are torn at the bottoms.
Both holders look the same and are torn in the same spot.
Carb 001.jpg
Carb 002.jpg

So FYI is you buy

The vacuum barb also popped right out when I pulled the blind plug off. Quality I tell ya.

Attachments

• Carb 003.jpg
    Carb 003.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 64
Hmmm I guess I got a good set for my SG.... 1k+ so far. I'm still going to go with JBM's sometime though.

Last edited:
Quite a few products from Mikesxs are of poor quality, and the carb manifolds are one of them.

I had installed manifolds from Mikesxs in 2008.Last summer I was getting "chirping" and idle hovering too high. I found I could stop it by holding pressure on the manifold rubber.

Took the manifolds off and did some careful measurements. I found that the ones from Mikesxs are about 0.026" too large in diameter.( doesn't sound like much, but makes a big difference) Fortunately I kept my original 32 year old manifolds. They measured 0.045" smaller than the carb they mate to. Being smaller, they have to be stretched, and make a very tight fit. So, I'm back to using the OEM manifolds and they work perfect.

i ordered a pair from 650central for my g/f's 650 special and they seemed pretty good - very tight fit, hopefully the ones stocked at 650central hold up better than the ones at mike's xs. i would've ordered from JBM but they quit putting the vacuum barbs in their manifolds for the bs34's and i didn't feel like drilling and tapping a hole into the carb bodies...

Back