Wanted - Mike's XS Standard Cafe Seat

Catmaigne

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for this seat that Mike's used to offer. They currently only stock the Special version but I need the flat Standard type.

side---cafe-seat.jpg

Anyone have one for sale? Will need to be shipped to 19444, send PMs.

I wasn't able to change the title of the other thread to clarify what I'm looking for, sorry about dbl post.

For the $200 or whatever MikesXS charges for the made in Taiwan (if you think MikesXS gets their seats from anywhere but Taiwan I'd say you're mistaken) you can take a stock seat, rip off the old vinyl, reshape it to whatever you like and have it upholstered. Probably get a gel insert in there too for that much.

That's all these aftermarket seats are - different shaped foam on a stock style seat pan. Have one made - 2 months you've been looking for this seat - it's not coming back.

This seat isn't even going on a XS650; I need it for my XS1100 because it's the only tried and true cafe style seat I've ever seen on my model bike that I think looks half decent. If you're not familiar with the 11, let me start of by saying that it's EXTREMELY difficult to make one of these pigs look reasonably good.

I just thought I'd give it one more shot before I try my hand at fiberglassing again. The first attempt didn't go over so well.

Catmaigne,

An XS650 seat is not going to fit on an XS1100. The XS11 frame is much wider. You would be disappointed. Hondaclassic31 has cafe seats for some of the XS1100 models. On their site, some of them are incorrectly labeled. For sure, they have a seat for the E, F, SG, and SH.

I'm well aware that it's not going to bolt right up but it does fit nicely on my frame. The seat seems a bit oversized on the 650 but matches perfectly to scale with the 1100.

dw8bhv.jpg

4424922827_84ffa1bd42_o.jpg

Do you have a stock seat pan? If not, get one. You have pictures of what you want, so you should be able to have an upholsterer do it for you. If you can't find one locally, send the pan to Sargent Cycle Products. They'll make you whatever you want. I have their seat on my bike and I'm happy with it.

SYvRcAY3gzxGHObnz8L48L1YzbdiBTPwqcOWrBIOomo6HtuX11.jpg

Back