MikesXS BS38 Carb Boots

MikeC23

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for good carb boots to replace the OG ones? I bought a set of boots off of Mikes XS, but they aren't notched in the same place as the originals, and the vacuum barb sits higher and is really tight to the valve cover. In addition, it seems like the carbs don't sit as deep in the boot or as tight as the originals. I compared them with the carbs on my bench. All of this shit compounds to me ending up with an air leak when using the new ones. Before I order another set from somewhere else, does anyone have a set that they are happy with that you would recommend?

The original boots were made in Japan by ARS. ARS boots are still available under the Tour Max label, which is a house brand of K&L Distributing. You can get Tour Max boots from 650 Central or any local shop with a K&L catalogue. ARS/Tour Max boots for the BS38 are no longer available with vacuum barbs. You can run on "Prime," install manual petcocks, or install barbs yourself. A quick search will turn up some how-to.

Back