1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

MikesXS Chrome Clutch Adjuster Cover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MadeThatMyself, May 22, 2019.

1. MadeThatMyself

MadeThatMyself XS650 Enthusiast

Any good?

I'm going to be polishing my side covers and the one on my bike is dented, scratched and has some surface rust.

2. Jim

Jim People will come Ray, people will definately come. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

The one I got from Mikes looks great... but it didn't fit. Push it in and it fell right out. Had to bend the tabs out quiet a bit to get it to stay in place. The tabs should lock into the inside of the hole, but they don't go in far enough... they're too short. It's more or less just an interference fit. Haven't rode it enough to see if it will stay, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it gone after a long ride. Time will tell.

MrBultaco, GLJ, Superjet and 2 others like this.
  3. MadeThatMyself

MadeThatMyself XS650 Enthusiast

Well that's a shame... Has anyone ever tried to polish or clean up an original cover? Mine doesn't look terrible, but it would need some TLC to look OK against the polished cover

4. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

The one I bought from Mikes many years ago has worked great and has been removed and installed many times for primary clutch adjustments over the years

5. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

You might try a hardware store. I have looked through the hardware section at Lowe's. They have an assortment of chrome covers like the ones on our clutches. I haven't looked at them hard enough to know if they will work. I haven't needed one.
    Just saying I've seen them.
    Leo