mikesxs pwk idle speed adjuster screw

cmills83

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know where to pick one of these up? Checked mikesxs but didn't see any, figure they are a universal part. This screw or an aftermarket replacement that fits these carbs.

I had a loose ignition wire that caused a backfire through the carbs and shot one into the frame.

Attachments

• pwk_idle_screw.jpg
    pwk_idle_screw.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 159
They running alright for you other than that? I was looking once if you just search for pwk 32 I think you can find these carbs for like $25, thought about buying one too see if the quality was any better, or at least for spare parts

They running alright for you other than that? I was looking once if you just search for pwk 32 I think you can find these carbs for like $25, thought about buying one too see if the quality was any better, or at least for spare parts

For the most part. It's been a long road to get these dialed in so far. The biggest issue is one of the floats. I adjusted it many times, measured, re-measured, matched it with the other carb but it would either leak or cause the carb to run lean. Switching the float to the other carb would cause the other carb to do the same. I even tried replacing the float. Finally I think I got it fixed, literally moved the tang up 1mm more and everything seems ok now.

Other issue I have is from a cold start, choking causes the idle to be 2500 - 3k and without around 500 rpm's so I'm still working on the idle tuning. Haven't even dug into the mid range or top end tuning since I'm still breaking in the motor.

There is just isn't a lot of room for error on these carbs, so if you are patient they would be a nice upgrade.

Not a bad idea to pickup a spare 32mm vm, not sure how interchangeable everything is with the mikesxs version but they do look very similar.

Yeah I only use choke when it's like 55 or colder, and not long, if anything I just hold throttle where I want it for a minute, had same issues with floats, I think I had them set at 19 mm or 3/4 stopped leaking around 20- 21 or 7/8
Haven't messed with jets yet, might kinda surges in third and 4th around 4000 rpm

I'm finding the same thing, if it's cold in the morning I put the chokes on for just the initial start and maybe 20 seconds, then just hold the throttle while it warms up. Thanks for the float measurements, I think mine have finally stopped leaking but if not I will try 19mm.

I'm finding my idle -> mid-range seems to be pretty dialed in. I went up one size on the pilot jet and have air pod filters, aftermarket 2 to 1 exhaust and one size up on the pistons. In higher rpms it doesn't seem to pull as hard so I'll start messing with that. How is your power at higher rpms?

Back