MikesXS wants over $12 to ship 0.0874lbs..little excessive

it helps to order your small parts with big parts, otherwise the shipping sucks.

PamcoPete, I'm located in NY. I just thought it was odd that the part was $9 and weighed less than 1/10 of a pound and shipping was $12....25% more than the part that I wanted to order.

PS. PamcoPete, Check out my other thread titled 2 into 1 intake...bike revs hard and will not come down....thank you.

yea i just got postal raped on some gaskets I ordered from mikes. But if you look at the travel distance, how many hands it exchanges and more than anything the convience of it being put on your door step its almost worth it. ALMOST

I've got the same beef with Mikesxs. I can place an order for a pair of rubber seals that weigh 0.001 nanograms at a cost of $1.10 and the cheapest they can ship is UPS Ground for $12. So I have to pay ~1100% more for shipping than the what the part costs. WTF?

I've always wondered why they don't offer less expensive shipping options like USPS. I don't always need or want insurance, tracking, etc.

Will I keep ordering from Mikesxs? Yes.

i've heard that most auto parts stores carry springs that'll work with some modification.

i ordered the mikes spring kit and had to modify them anyways due to them being far too weak, definitely not worth the shipping price

You could try to bend a coil up from the original springs to shorten and stiffen them. Best to find advance springs at an auto parts store as suggested above. IIRC, the HEI distributor had little springs that looked close (in 1980's so ....)

Tom Graham

Back