Feedback for mikesxs

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a part from MikesXS. I didn't discover that the part wouldn't work (not sure why) until AFTER I had installed it, thereby making it a used part.

I emailed Mikes and explained the situation, mostly to make them aware of the issue, as I understood that used parts can't be returned.

They stepped right up, accepted the part as a return and credited my account.

The folks at Mikes went out of their way to take care of me, and you can be sure they'll be my first stop for future needs.

I had heard many complaints about Mike's XS when it was under it's former ownership, but the recent owners seemed to have stepped up and put customer satisfaction first.

I've had a couple screw-ups with MikesXS over the last year. To their credit, they were always responsive to my emails and worked double-time to make things right.

Willingness and effort to fix a problem is a sure sign of good service, even when things go sideways.

Sent an email the other day
"I'm curious. Is the Coil that comes with the #14-0914 Pamco kit the #17-6903 Coil? The description just says '82Kv Cool run Ignition Coil', but doesn't state the part number like some of the other Pamco Kits."
Quick Reply
"That’s correct"

Never got that kind of service Mike Lalonde (old owner of MikesXS)

I have to say I have never had a problem with Mikes. I ordered a few things last Friday and they were at my door this Wednsday. Usually the first place I look when I need something for my XS.

I've done a good bit of business with them and always been happy. No one is ever perfect, I don't expect that. On their one goofup they made it good immediately at no cost to me, not even shipping. I ordered a kickstarter but received a Bigfoot shift lever instead. I offered to pay for the part, since the wrong part (shift lever) was one I had planned to order in the future anyway. Nope, they sent me the kickstarter 100% free. Can't beat that.

I also bought a set of the 1.9" tach/speedo, the tach barfed and it was a good bit past any sort of warranty. I went ahead and bought a replacement, then I asked them about the bad one anyway, they asked me to return it for inspection. I did so and received a check about ten days later. I will continue to do business with them.

Ive read in the past about some negative feedback for Mikes XS, but I have had nothing but good dealings with them. Recently bought 19" rim and spokes, decided to go with 21" set up (Yeah should have listened to you Matt), Emailed Mikes no problem on return and no restocking fees. Good business and easy transactions and returns.

I also had a good experience with them, I ordered a pamco ignition setup. Made the payment and a couple days went by then i realized i forgot to order spark plugs. So i ordered the spark plugs and even though they had already shipped the pamco out already they still shipped me the plugs for free.

I just got an order in from them and they were great .. they opted to not send me a defective part and let me re-create my entire order.. they shipped it fasta nd everything was perfect.. great folks to deal with.

Back