Mikey's new to him 1980 650

Shouldn't be the same. :umm: From the factory 75 are off on reserve with the closer bolt spacing 80 are vacuum with wider bolt spacing. Parts don't interchange.
Many have converted the late vacuum to aftermarket off on reserve from MikesXS and other vendors with similar.
I buy my petcock rubber "valves" from yamaha always found the aftermarket were too thin.
Do they look like the one Mike's has to sell or the other parts from of the parts fische

This looks like a vacuum petcock rebuild kit ?
petcock rebils mikes xs.jpg

No, it's not an earlier one. They won't fit because the mount hole spacing differs. Measure between the screws, you'll see what I mean. It's an aftermarket manual replacement. Not sure where you can get rebuild parts for that, or if you even can.

No, it's not an earlier one. They won't fit because the mount hole spacing differs. Measure between the screws, you'll see what I mean. It's an aftermarket manual replacement. Not sure where you can get rebuild parts for that, or if you even can.
Time to take a walk back out to the garage and see what I need to do next
Thanks guys !!

Mikey, I think I've got a rebuilt vacuum petcock.... I built an extra for my 80. 2 yrs in on the one on my bike and it's working fine, so I don't really need the spare. Let me know if you're interested and I'll have a look around.

IMG_20210710_162214219_MP.jpg
IMG_20210710_162404518.jpg
View attachment 194652 View attachment 194653 View attachment 194652 View attachment 194653 View attachment 194652
Time to take a walk back out to the garage and see what I need to do next
Thanks guys !!
I measured from the center of the screws on both petcocks it seems close but I'm no expert on these (or most other things too)
Even the drain plugs look to be in the same location ?
Edit: I first measured between the screws and then set down the micrometer to make it easier to read

Last edited:
Mikey, I think I've got a rebuilt vacuum petcock.... I built an extra for my 80. 2 yrs in on the one on my bike and it's working fine, so I don't really need the spare. Let me know if you're interested and I'll have a look around.
I'll take you up on that offer and as always I am in no hurry
Thanks

I'll take you up on that offer and as always I am in no hurry
Thanks
I've been trying to get 2 out of 3 bikes running before the 16th so a friend from Cal and my self can go for a day trip or 2
But I have a nephew who is bringing his Harley over tomorrow so I'm covered for now
That's what nephews are for :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_172132973.jpg
    IMG_20210710_172132973.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210710_172311415.jpg
    IMG_20210710_172311415.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 85
Back