Mikuni Throttle shaft seals

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
seals now ordered thanks

ok could someone please give me the skinny on these blasted seals .
I can only find a single source this side of the pond at Heiden Tuning and it seems a tad ridiculous to pay $56 for 8x tiny bits of rubber you can put into a small envelope by crikey :eek:

Firstly are the BS34 and BS38 shaft seals the same spec ie ID 8mm ........OD 11mm width approx 2.3mm
Secondly are there any other Mikuni carburettors that use the same size throttle shaft as the TX650 XS250 XS400 XS500 XS650 etc
How many part numbers are there for these seals ? is 13651-51010 correct ?

Last edited:
yes and try the suzuki part #
13651-51010 SEAL (Suzuki) $2.03
Shipped Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1Z1YF720YN21653194
20 20 $40.60
Subtotal: $40.60
Shipping: $7.95
Tax: $2.67
Order Total: $51.22

thanks gary but that is pretty much the same cost as the Heiden seals and shipping might be quicker from Holland .

So do any of the other bikes I listed use the same part ?

You're not reading his post closely. He bought 20 seals and they're only $2.03 each. The Suzuki seal is the exact same one Yamaha sells only it costs less .....

https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=0c2514270f638cfd80aa2c78e639f3d5a7971cda

The Heiden and MikesXS seals are aftermarket and the quality is suspect, but go ahead and buy them if you want. I guess there are no Yamaha or Suzuki dealers in all of England, huh.

Why just buy 4 seals when you will have enough to rebuild 4 more sets of carbs or sell to some chums locally over there. Wouldn't trust anythig rubber from Mike's. If something as simple as a top fork bolt rubber cap wears upon install and will not keep on, something wrong with quality of product sold imo.

You're not reading his post closely. He bought 20 seals and they're only $2.03 each. The Suzuki seal is the exact same one Yamaha sells only it costs less .....

https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=0c2514270f638cfd80aa2c78e639f3d5a7971cda

The Heiden and MikesXS seals are aftermarket and the quality is suspect, but go ahead and buy them if you want. I guess there are no Yamaha or Suzuki dealers in all of England, huh.

Yes I know that the Suzuki seal is the same part 5T .......... if you read my initial post before garys answer you'll see that I actually put down the Suzuki part number 13651-51010. ;)

Yes there are plenty of Yamaha and Suzuki dealers in the UK but its Christmas and New Year and they are all closed at the moment . They also all charge $7 each seal plus shipping

I did misread garys post however as I didn't understand his 20 20 comment it didn't occur to me that he was referring to the number of parts he ordered. To be fair the post could have been a little clearer. Why would I want to order 20 seals for 2x pairs of carbs ?:rolleyes:

Anyway earlier this afternoon I ordered 8x Suzuki genuine seals for £22 including VAT and shipping so hopefully they will arrive later this week.

Last edited:
Why just buy 4 seals when you will have enough to rebuild 4 more sets of carbs or sell to some chums locally over there. Wouldn't trust anythig rubber from Mike's. If something as simple as a top fork bolt rubber cap wears upon install and will not keep on, something wrong with quality of product sold imo.

thanks superjet but why would I order parts from Mikes ? I live in the UK ;) the shipping costs and import Tax would kill me for such a small order.
Plus if I bought everything to rebuild 2x sets of carbs in huge bulk like you suggest I would be completely broke in no time :)and have a shed full of unused parts .

christ you're a sarcastic fucker 5twins :poke:

Yes I know that the Suzuki seal is the same part 5T .......... if you read my initial post before garys answer you'll see that I actually put down the Suzuki part number 13651-51010. ;)..............but you didn't bother to read my post before launching into your response did you !

Yes there are plenty of fucking Yamaha and Suzuki dealers in the UK but its Christmas and New Year and they are all closed at the moment arn't they . They also all charge $7 each seal plus shipping sheesh :banghead:

I did misread garys post however as I didn't understand his 20 20 comment it didn't occur to me that he was referring to the number of parts he ordered. To be fair the post could have been a little clearer. Why would I want to order 20 seals for 2x pairs of carbs ?:rolleyes:

Anyway earlier this afternoon I ordered 8x Suzuki genuine seals for £22 including VAT and shipping so hopefully they will arrive later this week. no thanks to you

getting your panties in a twist again ...... Didn't state what that no you quoted was........... could have been the next ISS launch no..........5twins must have a persecution complex by answering our posts..........Always the same old shit when someone tries to help

Last edited:
getting your panties in a twist again ......Didn't state what that no you quoted was........... could have been the next ISS launch no..........Always the same old shit when someone tries to help

here we go ! I knew it wouldn't be long before you stuck you big nose in where it wasn't wanted.

If you don't know the answer to any of the questions I have put in my initial post then bugger off and mind your own business skull

This thread is closed as I have bought the parts I needed

Last edited:
Jees I thought I answered your post pretty well.
Just copied the invoice figured you was a smart guy and could figger it out, maybe I'm wrong. yammie kawy and sooky all used BS series carbs that use the same seal. There's gotta be a mikuni part # somewhere but with zooky at $2 I'm not looking for it.

thanks superjet but why would I order parts from Mikes ? I live in the UK ;) the shipping costs and import Tax would kill me for such a small order.
Plus if I bought everything to rebuild 2x sets of carbs in huge bulk like you suggest I would be completely broke in no time :)and have a shed full of unused parts .

Was being sarcastic in the amount Gary noted order as many or as little as you want. Mikes XS....Heiden Tuning same part number. Was just stating rubber bits suck in my opinion. I get where you live would cost lots from US.

You did fine Gary, peanut just didn't understand your post. When that fact was pointed out to him, he blew a gasket, lol. Maybe he didn't get all the info he was after and my guess is he won't with his attitude. I'm certainly not going to offer him any more except maybe the standard "buy a manual" or "do a search" response.

My new years resolution.
positive post.jpg

Jees I thought I answered your post pretty well.
Just copied the invoice figured you was a smart guy and could figger it out, maybe I'm wrong. yammie kawy and sooky all used BS series carbs that use the same seal. There's gotta be a mikuni part # somewhere but with zooky at $2 I'm not looking for it.

nobody is asking you to look for a cheaper part gary.

I asked for specific advice about shaft seal compatibility amongst the Yamaha model range and Mikuni carb range .
I also asked about part numbers .

I don't understand why you would advise me to buy shaft seals from the US ? I should have thought that commonsense would suggest that the shipping costs and the Import Tax etc for such a small item would make the order ridiculous.

I did not suggest that. I was noting that seals from Zuki can be had quite reasonably, so checking your local dealers might be the wise course. If you already did that well, that's fine too, I'm not a mind reader.
It's a forum, replies are free, pick and choose what info is of use to you.
Sorry your new year is not off to a good start.

I can only find a single source this side of the pond at Heiden Tuning

Thought I was your friend..... If not, that's a shame.

here we go ! I knew it wouldn't be long before you stuck you big nose in where it wasn't wanted.

If you don't know the answer to any of the questions I have put in my initial post then bugger off and mind your own business skull

This thread is closed as I have bought the parts I needed

:lmao:

Gave up answering your ambiguous questions...........give an answer and it is never right because of the way the question has been structured and then it abuse time because the questions structure is questioned............or one of your follow ups.................Pill time, you'll fell better in a couple of days

:lmao:

Gave up answering your ambiguous questions...........give an answer and it is never right because of the way the question has been structured and then it abuse time because the questions structure is questioned............or one of your follow ups.................Pill time, you'll fell better in a couple of days

Who but you would trawl through 3500+ threads of another members posts over a 5x year period in order to find and paste a link to a thread that didn't get a conclusion just so that you can criticise another member who was asking for advice ...

I wouldn't mind but you are not in the least bit interested in the thread topic or the subject ...just looking for some reason to try and start another argument

Have you any idea how stupid your continual harassment over the past six years makes you look on the forum ?

Once again you and others have ruined another thread by your useless stupid trolling .....and once again you've added nothing constructive .....

At times like this I wonder why I bother coming to this forum just to be subject to your abuse but there are so many really good folk on this forum , friends that I would miss ........... I would never allow you or others to drive me off this forum .

Happy New Year :)

Seen my bookmark list............Don't have to go searching for peanut special threads. Your threads either came up in a carb search one time or i bookmarked it, (been on here 2 or 3 years longer than you so can't remember which), looking for information that was useful..............No your not that special that i spend time searching for all your abusive posts

Here is a sample of what i have bookmarked.
Carbs........EX500..........then to forums, suppliers, and semantics ect, ect
IMG_0111.jpgIMG_0117.jpg

Engine........goes to Head ..........then Porting........Then Jacks threads where i posted pics that i had collected from 650Garage that isn't on there any more and jack didn't know if he still had them.............posted them up after some discussion with jack...............Also used them for my own information.
IMG_0113.jpgIMG_0121.jpg IMG_0122.jpg

On the left is the main list, can't fit on the screen and have to scroll to get more XS related bookmarks.........

Thought i would post up what i have seeing as how your so interested.................Shit you should see the stuff i have on the environment/Global warming/renewable energy

Last edited:
Back