Mikuni VM34 carbs...

Ksboy19

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone on this site used this set up? Comes with the 2 carbs, throttle cable, pod filters.. Im just wanting to know if theyre worth the money, and if so how easy were they to sync, and get your bike running, any help would be awesome! Thanks dudes!:D

I think you will find people that will swear by them or swear at them.

HA! Isnt that true with everything these days.. I just figured id try to get a general consensus before I think its the greatest thing since sliced bread...

www.amckayltd.com/VM34-36.pdf . Ksboy19, the questions you're asking show that you're a beginner (that's great, everybody was at one time), so you have some learning to do re. carburetion. If you hang an aftermarket carb on your bike, you need to have the right attitude and expectations; you can't expect to bolt 'em on and go, you have to be patient and ready to learn. Particularly, you have to learn how to understand your engine when it talks to you.

Avoid cut-rate vendors. SFL and its many aliases sell a few kits with proper baseline jetting but many with generic needles and needle jets--the mostly costly brass in the carbs--left in place. The mounts and filters you'll get with the cheap kits are throw-away stuff.

Sudco kits are priced high; as a distributor, Sudco doesn't set prices to compete against its own dealers. For VM34 kits you'll get the best deal, with follow-on tech support, from 650 Central.

Last edited:
hahahaha grizld, is it that obvious??!:D But you are correct, Im no newbie to bikes but im definently still learning with carbs, id love to avoid them all the time if it was possible. Im always open, and love to learn more about these machines. Thank you for putting it in the short bus version for us who arent so experienced with these thngs. If i ever have another carb question, you can bet ill be asking you! Thanks again~ Cody:thumbsup:

Back