Mikuni VM34 Question??? Help Please!!!

xscessivecompulsive

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Reaction score
Hey Guys, so I installed a set of VM34's on my bike and after initial install it started right up everytime. I knew they had to be synced and tuned so I took the bike to a reputable bike shop and had them sync them and tune them. My problem now is a cant seem to get it started, it will start and run for a couple seconds and then die. It almost acts like its not getting any fuel. I dont know what could be going on with it, the other day I got it to run and must of kicked it over 30 times before it fired up and ran. The bike is an 81 with the electronic ignition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in Advance,

XsC

Im not an expert, but i thought they were already tuned, and jetted when they land on your doorstep. But i could be wrong, on another note, how do you like that setup? Ive been thinking about getting a set, whered you buy em from? Best of luck!

I got em at 650 central and they are supposed come pre jetted, and are awfully close when it runs! I dont believe they are synced in anyway when they show up at your door! I tried to call 3m and he is closed on fri. I just went out and turned the idle adjuster in on the left side and started right up and idled fine! Im gonna try and run it around the block and see what it does.

XsC

Back