MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All: as my life has slowed down a bit during this nutty coronavirus period, I have begun to notice the passing people who made a difference in the world. Some were good (as in kind, generous or courageous), some were great (as in widely known for either positive or negative reasons) and some were just quite wonderful in some way.

I have always been a James Bond / Avengers fan and the first person I’d put here is Honor Blackman - one of the prettiest Bond girls and also, an avid motorcyclist. Ms Blackman was born in England in 1925 and she died on April 5, 2020 at 94.
sep-09-1975-honor-blackman-of-the-avengers-fame-with-her-new-honda-e115g0-jpg.253313

She was a true beauty who played Dr. Catherine Gale in the Avengers and the unforgettable Pussy Galore in Goldfinger opposite Sean Connery. Interestingly, she was, at 38 the oldest actress to ever play a Bond girl and was actually five years older than Connery himself.

Blackman was a very intelligent woman and with her classic looks and superb figure, she often played brilliant bad girls. There was a great exchange between Connery and Blackman when they met in Goldfinger:

James Bond: Who are you?
Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore.
James Bond: I must be dreaming.

C22A3939-D898-4F3D-B32D-BA28ABF685B0.jpeg

Finally, she owned a summer home near Isleboro, Maine....which may, or may not be quite near to Prospect Harbor....

....which is allegedly the hometown of one of our own Forum members....

C’mon down @Downeaster and tell us about meeting the inestimable Ms. Blackman....

Last edited:
Back