"Milwaukee Iron" an 81 hulk, clawing back from the brink.

found some "tins" and a seat for it in the shed. tiller bars are gone.
DSCN3271.JPG
Throttle shaft seals showed yesterday. But road trip! so it'll be a couple weeks afore the carbs are assembled.

Nice! Back home in time for the snow festival? Did your road trip bring you out West?

Didn't have the camera on for the first start minutes before, but it was just like this one, even the "had the gas shut off" part, :rolleyes:
Only smoke was from a bit of oil on outside of exhaust, it's charging too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very nice Gary. Maybe by the holidays I'll be at the 1st start stage of my project.
I will have the gas valve open though (I hope).

Do it that way a few times and you can get pretty darn good at it. Gauges later will reveal it's about perfect. I work the sync screw back and forth past where the 2 butterfly plates are closed, until I see a little light showing in both directions, then set it about midway between those two points.

Hmmm... never seen a "XS60" bein' woke before... :boxing: :rolleyes:

yah know; I think I've been round this before. Pulled the carbs went back to 23-24mm at the corner of the flat on the bottom of the float. (that's where the floats were before I started) At 22mm the float hits the bowl before the needle spring is completely compressed. Carbs back on. some idle adjusts and it's all good, runs great (in the garage) no leaks. Gotta get a chain and front brake on it then maybe a short trip up the road. I got an ice free path chipped out down the driveway.
Got tired of working on silver BS34's so started on these...
DSCN3342.JPG
that was this morning, now about ready to go back together.

Back