1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Miss November XS2 tribute

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Raymond, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Torchard

Torchard XS650 Enthusiast

Oh … weird. My error. Thanks.

Adamc, Jim and Raymond like this.
  2. Torchard

Torchard XS650 Enthusiast

So, I see the posts on this subject range over 3-4 years, and as you point out the tech continues to evolve. I wasn’t able to fully understand/find explanation for the pros and cons so will try here: I am considering an H4 LED into a 6” after-market headshell. My hope is this would place a lower demand when idling/start-up given that I’m using a capacitor. The low beam is wired direct and while contemplating an on/off switch, I wondered if an LED bulb is a worthy alternative? Is the load less than conventional bulb? And I read references that these are not PMA/regulator friendly. I have PMA and regulator and ignition from one of the popular providers. Is that so, and why? If compatible, are they plug and play as this one suggests?

https://auxito.com/products/9003-h4...bDxBFdAI-88kLEilbtsKJPA8omCKl0kgaAsAMEALw_wcB

Thanks. Todd

gggGary likes this.
  3. Raymond

Raymond XS650 rider & fettler XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

No worries!

To get back on track, picture from the web of the XS2 colour scheme to which Miss November pays tribute:

XS2.jpg

RustiePyles, gggGary, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  4. Grimly

Grimly XS650 Addict Top Contributor

Ireland
    You can buy packs of grommets from various hobby electronic stores online (used to be you could get them almost anywhere, but meh).
    As an expedient, I've often cut a short length of twin&earth, removed the outer jacket by slitting it down the side and laying that edge-wise into the metal hole. Get the size just right and it's a permanent fix as long as you don't mind a grey grommet.

Mikey, Adamc, Raymond and 1 other person like this.