Modern version of Cinnamon Brown?

Pat D

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of taking my bike back to a more stock appearance, investing in some decals, etc. Anybody know of a current product that is a reasonable facsimile? Rattle can through conventional spray rig, I'm not set up for HVLP or anything exotic, my shop technology stops circa 1980. If not a specific product, than perhaps a replicatable automotive code?Thanks!
Pat D

Last edited:
You can take any piece of your color to O'Reilly's and they have a system that analyzes it and mixes you a good full rattle can that is a perfect match. We used it for the copper on my son's Vette. Reasonable, too.

Matching the existing color is great if you have an existing chip to use as a sample, unfortunately my bike arrived already non-stock. And if there was any original Cinnamon Brown under the 8 layers of house paint, it was flushed away with the paint stripper. The stuff on there would-not-sand, just gummed up the paper. I'll look into the Honda color. Unfortunately, here on the east coast, no O'Reilly's, I think they are a mid-west operation. Below are before and after pics showing the basic black I went with.

Attachments

• IMG_7234.jpg
    IMG_7234.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 2014-07-27_09-10-57_187.jpg
    2014-07-27_09-10-57_187.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 198
Back